Annoying Mouse juddering in games

Buztafen

Limp Gawd
Afternoon all,

When playing some recent FPS on my comp (FarCry2, Crysis, Fallout 3) im getting what appears to be 'juddering' while moving the mouse to look around. I initially thought it might be due to frame rate but i was sure my comp could handle atleast around 30fps with tweaking. To rule this out i used an xbox 360 wireless pad with all 3 games and the juddering wasnt present at all.

So i can only think that the mouse isnt accurate enough or is struggling in some way. The mouse itself is from a HP 'comes with a computer' mouse and keyboard set and is wireless and optical. I use it on semi shiny white surface (computer desk plastic). Could this be affecting it in some way? Will a mouse mat (black, dull colour) help out?

The mouse works fine at all other times such as during Windows, playing other games like RTS's etc.

Cheers.

If it's an OEM wireless mouse, you're getting input lag, that most gamers face and hate with a passion.
Unless you're using the mouse on glass, there shouldn't be any effect by changing colors.

It may not show up in RTSs and Desktop/web browsing, but it's still there, just not as noticeable. If you want to continue using a wireless mouse, the Logitech G7, Razer Mamba or MS Sidewinder x8 are three wireless 'gaming' grade mice, meaning no input lag.
If you like wired, or can stand it, get a Logitech G5 (Laster), Logitech MX518 (Optical), or Razer Deathadder (Infrared). I like corded better, faster response time and no input lag, but to each their own.

Good luck

Cheers for the reply, damn i thought i might be able to fix with a mat or something. Havent really noticed any lag but guess there usually is with anything wireless. Guess the next problem is i sit a couple of meters away from my comp (its next to a 50" plasma tv used as a moniter) and the usb wireless hub thing for the mouse and keyboard is plugged into a usb repeater cable so i can place it close to where i sit.

I'll either need a wireless mouse with a good 2-3 metre range.....or a new wireless mouse keyboard set so i can still use the repeater for the inevitable hub....?

If you're only using it for casual gaming, the Logitech S510/520 are decent. If you just want a mouse, the G7 I used had a good 7-8 meter range, and used RF, not bluetooth or the like.

Yeah im more casual gaming, though im a technology whore and overly expensive shiny things mesmerise me. Logitech S520 look nice however. Im gonna try a usb corded mouse first (using a second usb repeater cable) and see if that helps and shows me the difference between cord and cordless lag...

Back