Anno 2205

I'd play that for sure because the pas anno was cool. But the video of the E3 don't show much, poor video.

So...apparently this comes out tomorrow. Does anyone know much about it. Looks cool from the videos I have seen.

I just noticed this yesterday on Steam. I'm not big into sim-city type games, but this one did look cool. I might pick it up when it hits the $10 range.

Thank you. Will definately get this. Have played all the previous versions.

I just noticed this yesterday on Steam. I'm not big into sim-city type games, but this one did look cool. I might pick it up when it hits the $10 range.

Only sucky thing is that for example Anno 2070 used SecuROM crap IIRC...their games tend to be very locked down.

I could never quite get into 2070. I'd just end up drifting back to CoH/CoH2. But willing to give the new one a shot.

If you play the game for a few hours straight the computer voice thingy will say "Long playtime detected. A pause is suggested."

Only sucky thing is that for example Anno 2070 used SecuROM crap IIRC...their games tend to be very locked down.

Yeah, I saw it's Ubisoft. As much as I hate U-Play, the new FarCry's and Assassin's Creeds are some of my favorite games, so I put up with it anyways. Assume 2205 will be about the same. Yeah, it really doesn't look like my kind of game, but if it ever gets cheap enough I might try it anyways just for the cool looking graphics.

If you play the game for a few hours straight the computer voice thingy will say "Long playtime detected. A pause is suggested."

Hah! I'm surprised more games aren't doing this already. Probably because it's rated E, so there will be more smaller kids playing it, so there will be more horrible parents expecting the game to do their job for them.

This game is just amazing!

It looks nice, but somewhat simplified comparing to Anno 2070.
Trade routes are automatic for a single item type.
Only one ship/vehicle to handle requests on the 'build' map, only a few 'combat' maps with repeating missions.

This has been in the Anno games at least as far back as Dawn of Discovery, possibly further (I started playing with Dawn of Discovery). The narrator guy there would comment on your play time if you did 2 hours straight. I think when you got to 4 he would say something else.

How do I know? Because these games have been very addicting and there's always that one more thing to build or one more thing to upgrade, and thus the hours keep ticking away :).

Back