Anker 20,000mAh Portable Charger $40 Free Shipping Amazon

I've got the 13,000mAh pack. Great product. When I purchased mine, they bundled it with a 1amp wall charger brick, I do recommend one.

These are fantastic devices and the lipstick size ones would make great stocking stuffers.

Love these Anker ones. Left my 13000 at an airport. Went ahead and bit on this. Being able to full speed charge a couple devices on flights or layovers will be nice.

I've got the smaller version of this (13000). Next I want the one that comes with car battery jumpers and usb ports

Last edited:
I have an older 12,000 one, think I may jump on this to have 2 bricks.

I've been running the RAV Power 16750mAh 4.5A $29.99 battery pack for months. It's totally great. It also has a built in flashlight that lasts forever. It will fast charge 2 devices simultaneously. I can also charge it up, while it is charging other devices. It will charge my iphone6+ 5.5 times from full dead.

I've been using the Anker 5 port 40W usb charger for all of my home charging. edit: the 40w is old, think there is a 60w version now.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have one and it's the only one of many I have tried that lived up to it specs. Great product. Very high quality construction also.

I paired the Anker 10050 and PowerPort+1.
The battery pack charges insanely fast b/c of QC2.0 - sadly my Nexus 5X can't take advantage of it haha. The 5X only pulls 1.5A from the USB port, but that is per spec and not a surprise honestly. That said, a fast-charging battery is still nice to have - and I love that included mesh bag.

Do wish Anker would get some 10K mAh or less battery packs with native C ports though - it'd give RAVPower some competition on that front.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
There are several video's of guys starting totally dead V8's with it.

My Explorer has a 3.5 so I'm good. If it ever gets used, though, it will probably be on the old 87 Chevy Van that tends to sit a lot in the winter. That has a 5.7L V8 in it. The old school version.

Hm, read through one of the reviews and it seems this has a design flaw with the circuitry when used with Apple products. It seems the efficiency drops to around 55-65% when used with apple products. Anker also agreed with that reviewer's data and said they were going to try and fix it.

TL;DR
If you are using with Apple products dont but this, buy one of their other ones.

I've been thinking about getting one of these... Too many times I've been caught out in the field at work with an almost dead battery.

Definitely in for one.. May buy two for my coworker.

There are several video's of guys starting totally dead V8's with it.

My Explorer has a 3.5 so I'm good. If it ever gets used, though, it will probably be on the old 87 Chevy Van that tends to sit a lot in the winter. That has a 5.7L V8 in it. The old school version.

I've seen a lot of those vids. Based on those I would get the smaller version but all the vids show guys starting cars in nice weather, Haven't seen one where a guy uses starter on large engine in 6F weather like I get here in Jan-Feb

Whats the shelf life for something like this?

Can I expect the battery to last a few years, with moderate to heavy use?

I've seen a lot of those vids. Based on those I would get the smaller version but all the vids show guys starting cars in nice weather, Haven't seen one where a guy uses starter on large engine in 6F weather like I get here in Jan-Feb

That's a damn fine point :)

Whats the shelf life for something like this?

Can I expect the battery to last a few years, with moderate to heavy use?

I am guessing they use 18650 lithium-ion cells. Maybe 300-500 charge/discharge cycles?...if they used virgin cells from a reputable manufacturer like Panasonic.

I am guessing they use 18650 lithium-ion cells. Maybe 300-500 charge/discharge cycles?...if they used virgin cells from a reputable manufacturer like Panasonic.

The battery extender I linked comes with either Samsung, LG, or Sony. I like Panasonic 18650's the best but they come at a premium. This unit has an 18 month warranty and should last you well over 500 cycles. Typically a quality 18650 will last 500-2000 cycles if treated right and will have around 80% of it's original capacity. It's best to keep the packs between always between 40-80% charged as this is the sweet spot in terms of longevity. With whatever battery extender you guys get, make sure not to leave it in your car exposed to direct sunlight while the windows are up. It's a good way to cook the battery pack and start a fire, you can google this and see some nice car fires.

Last edited:
Back