Animated GIFs with 64bit CS5 ?

DennisK4

Limp Gawd
Ok, so now After Effects CS5 is 64bit only and they have removed the Animated GIF option in Output Modules option in the Render Queue.

wtf is this shit. How am I supposed to make GIFs with 64bit CS5, then?

They removed GIF making from Photoshop CS5 64bit as well, leaving Photoshop CS5 32bit as the only option as far as I can tell. So they removed functionality!

But that is stupid - why do I have to install an otherwise irreleveant 32bit program? And I want to use the nifty features of After Effects to make GIFs.....

Maybe Adobe thinks that fancy-pantsy users with 64bit only want to output to 1080p BluRay or some shit. No! I still want to make my lowly 8bit GIFs, Adobe!

Does anybody have any idea what program Adobe expects me to use to make animated GIFs with 64bit CS5, now? Or is that sort of thing beneath Adobe now?

*end rant no one will read*

I haven't needed to create a gif file in years and years, but I believe Flash has that capability.

Edit - yeah, I can make a gif in Flash CS4... that may or may-not be applicable to your question here. :p

gif-test.gif

you can make anigifs in Photoshop CS5 64bit extended, open the animation window, under the window menu.

I should have been more specific.

What I am lamenting is the removal of the Import Video Frames to Layers option from Photoshop CS5 64bit. That used to be the easy way to use PS to make animated gifs from video files.

To save it you have to go to "save for web and devices" then choose gif etc.

Yes that still works as in CS4. The problem is not saving as a gif. The problem is importing video frames to layers in the first place. This is not an option in 64 bit Phostoshop CS5 for some reason....only in 32bit.

Back