Animated cursor patch - known issues and fixes

The animated cursor patch is a critical update that everyone needs to install. There are a couple issues and fixes.

Worthy linkage:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935448/en-us

The preferred fix is the realtex download page:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High%20Definition%20Audio%20Codecs

The alternative is a hotfix from Microsoft. Or use it if there are other issues you are experiencing.
Hotfix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935448/en-us

Credit goes to Windows Secrets Paid version.

well I installed the patches and the patches for the patches and they are realy bogas.

Now my raid array will not work, the system hanges up and is real slo.

Is this the way Microsoft is going to make us go to Vista?????:rolleyes:

well I installed the patches and the patches for the patches and they are realy bogas.

Yes, yes it is... be serious.

The flaw affects Vista as well. And why would your RAID stop working after a patch that address a cursor.

Yep. You caught them. That was their hidden plan all along.

Might consider taking a spelling course... an error here or there doesn't bother me- everyone makes mistakes. But basic words riddled all over a post like that... geeze.

My guess is after using Limewire, installing a virus, and screwing your system up, you installed that patch to have something to blame it on, no???

Yes, yes it is... be serious.

The flaw affects Vista as well. And why would your RAID stop working after a patch that address a cursor.

Any proof it wouldn't? This patch effects some soundcard drivers, what has soundcards got to do with cursors...

fact is MS pushed out this patch far too quickly and as a result their QA was compromised FACT

Any proof it wouldn't? This patch effects some soundcard drivers, what has soundcards got to do with cursors...

fact is MS pushed out this patch far too quickly and as a result their QA was compromised FACT

If they would've "taken their time" people would complain, FACT!... LOL

I don't have to prove it doesn't, you have to prove it does. In terms of drivers, what is their date of deployment?

???

MS already stated that this patch breaks some realtek sound driver support and other things

And they offered a solution. So would you prefer they didn't?

And where did I say that?
I responded because you made a post:

And why would your RAID stop working after a patch that address a cursor.

ie saying cursors != RAID and thus no problem's could exist

YET!

Sound != cursors and that patch did effect sound, thus while you may not think there is a connection, the evidently is since sound got effected, maybe there was other problems in which this patch did effect the fakeRAID, but to say it cannot "because RAID has nothing todo with cursors" is extreamly ignorant

And where did I say that?
I responded because you made a post:

ie saying cursors != RAID and thus no problem's could exist

YET!

Sound != cursors and that patch did effect sound, thus while you may not think there is a connection, the evidently is since sound got effected, maybe there was other problems in which this patch did effect the fakeRAID, but to say it cannot "because RAID has nothing todo with cursors" is extreamly ignorant

The patch affected the "Realtek HD Audio Control Panel".

I myself deployed this patch in nearly 300 computers since release, and none have had any sound or hardware/driver problems. But yes, they patched the cursor problem, and offered a solution to those who had any issues. Even Realtek stepped up, so case closed.

Yes my spelling stinks and so is having MS.

What has raid have to do with sound, I do not know.

I had to reload XP and not install the raid untill I updated all the drivers.
now it works like it should.

Why would the sequence of things effect the raid I do not know but the patch did.

Why do programers use C+++ to program and not 0 1 0.:D

Im not the answer man, just a computer user that just got his first game BF2 and keeps
getting killed.

Have a nice day.:D

Back