• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Angle Independant AA

psikoticsilver

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
92
I was purchased an x1900xt for my birthday over a month ago (a nice "thanks for going back to college" present from the parental units). It's beautiful, I love it.

However, I'm agrivated by the apparent LACK of angle-independant filtering. I've started a trend into games where terrain is an important feature (RPG/RTS... rest in peace FPS, you died when Doom3 and Half Life 2 came out). Unfortunately for me, this is a problem because with these noticable bumps, hills and valleys, filtering seems to be off.

I've read that some ATi cards have this feature... is this only with the latest x1*50 series?
Or am I using the wrong setting somwhere?

My settings are:
4X AA
16X AF (HQ)
Max mip-map
Max texture
Vsync equiv. - level 3
Standard A.I.

Drivers are 6.9
 
I'm pretty sure it's angle independent AF, not AA. With angle independent AF you get the same level of AF regardless of the viewing angle, where you get different AF values depending on the angle when using the angle dependent AF.
 
looks like you have it enabled, and you should be getting AF applied through all angles, make sure you don't have AF enabled in game
 
Back
Top