Android Tablet 7" for $59 @ TigerDirect

I understand not wanting to spend $200-$250 on a Nexus 7 / Galaxy Tab 2. But seriously.

If you want a $100 Android tablet, pick up a used/refurb Nook color. With CM7 on it (and CM9/10 still in the works) it's a lot better with its pretty IPS screen than these cheap POS tablets. Along with solid hardware and a great homebrew ROM community for it.

They go on sale all of the time on cowboom or ebay or whatever for $100-$120.

Yea, still rocking on my HP Touchpad on cm9 for $99.

IMO, Go either nexgen (tegra3, 1920x1080+, ipad3) or get a used 10" off Ebay or Cowboom.

I managed to snag a few really good tablets off cowboom on grade 7 and 8's using this Cowboom Grade Tracker site that's constantly crawling them. I just look for 7's and 8's + price, and the items I got (7s,8s) I can't tell difference from new. Right now there's a whole bunch of xoom, galaxy, asus, and touchpads with 7/8 grades.

There are many Chinese tablets for ~$200 with pretty decent specs. e.g. Cube U30GT. Now I'm sure the build quality is not the same as the name brand ones, but these all ship with ICS and have nice specs. The biggest concern is they ship from China.

Back