Android reconnect to WiFi

mikeblas

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - May 2006
I have a new Galaxy S4. When I come home, the phone doesn't reconnect to my home Wifi. How do I make it do so?

I use tasked and secure settings plugin to connect to my wifi when my phone is near the cell towers by my house, do you leave wifi on all the time?

Yes, I've got WiFi on all the time. I'm worried it's the "AT+T Smart WiFi app" that's screwing me up. I think the app is supposed to handle picking out WiFi for you, but when I start it the UI is not responsive and I can't find a way to disable or uninstall the application.

Yes, I've got WiFi on all the time. I'm worried it's the "AT+T Smart WiFi app" that's screwing me up. I think the app is supposed to handle picking out WiFi for you, but when I start it the UI is not responsive and I can't find a way to disable or uninstall the application.

Chances are you'll have to root the thing before you can uninstall it. I think titaniumbackup can forcefully remove stuff on rooted phones.

I managed to turn off the AT+T app. The UI implies that turning off the app will turn off WiFi, but that's not the case. We'll see if the phone behaves better today ...

Back