android insufficient storage available

Gabe3

2[H]4U
using a lg g2 with cm 10.2. internal storage shows 528mb available. on the pc it says 428 mb free.

I'm getting a error "insufficient storage available" when I try to update or install apps. I've wiped dalvic and cache from TWRP. I also tried going to /data/app-lib/APP-PATH but the app I'm trying to install isn't there. I think I'm in the wrong location, I read theres suppose to be duplicate folders in there and you delete the older versions.

also installed lucky patcher cause I read its suppose to fix this. tried to "Remove fixes and backups" but that option isn't in lucky patcher anymore. perhaps its renamed. also installed InsuFixer. but that says "no bad app-lib folders found"

android requires 500mb for syncing data I believe

Yes it does, you need to clean out some crap that does not need to be there. Unused apps, pics, etc... Unless you never want to update and things are going to start to slow down.

Just go to Settings > Storage. There will be a break down of what is using your storage; Apps, Music, Photos/Videos, Downloads, Cache, etc. Then just click on the highest offender and start clearing stuff out or transferring it to a PC/NAS.

Coincidentally I just had to do this on my wife's 32GB GS4 yesterday. She had about 1700 pics using most of her storage and it was odd because it said pics were using 45GBs, which I'm not sure how that's possible when the phone only has 32GBs of internal storage and she has no SD card installed.

I've had this issue before, and completely uninstalling then reinstalling the app cleared up the issue.

I get that even when there is sufficient space available. Haven't been able to figure it out...

Back