Dr. Righteous
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Aug 1, 2007
- Messages
- 3,163
My wife is nagging me to get my 7 year old a Nintendo DS or some such thing to occupy him when we are on trips.
I'm against these types because the games are expensive.
YET, Android games (2D and light 3D) are cheap. I was noticing that iPad like devices are getting cheaper too.
When looking at the games, they don't mention spec; like CPU, etc. just the version of Android your device has.
I know the "top dog" devices will have the quad core Nvidia Tegra but those are expensive.
Say a cheap PAD device with a 7" touch screen like this:
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=M760W&cpc=RESX
7-inch capacitive touch screen display
800 x 480 resolution
Google Android 4.0 OS pre-installed (Ice Cream Sandwich!)
1.2 GHz processor w/560 MHz DSP
4 GB internal flash memory (2 GB for general use)
microSDHC card slot
Integrated IEEE 802.11g wireless LAN
Built-in speaker & microphone
G-sensor function provides orientation sensing
Supports various audio/video formats
How adequate would this be for light gaming??
I'm against these types because the games are expensive.
YET, Android games (2D and light 3D) are cheap. I was noticing that iPad like devices are getting cheaper too.
When looking at the games, they don't mention spec; like CPU, etc. just the version of Android your device has.
I know the "top dog" devices will have the quad core Nvidia Tegra but those are expensive.
Say a cheap PAD device with a 7" touch screen like this:
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=M760W&cpc=RESX
7-inch capacitive touch screen display
800 x 480 resolution
Google Android 4.0 OS pre-installed (Ice Cream Sandwich!)
1.2 GHz processor w/560 MHz DSP
4 GB internal flash memory (2 GB for general use)
microSDHC card slot
Integrated IEEE 802.11g wireless LAN
Built-in speaker & microphone
G-sensor function provides orientation sensing
Supports various audio/video formats
How adequate would this be for light gaming??