Android 2.1 ROM Hack Available for Droid Phones

Terry Olaes

I Used to be the [H] News Guy
Hail, fellow Droid owner. If you’re snowed in and looking for something to do, maybe this hack at Engadget will do the trick. Someone figured out a way to get Android 2.1 working on the Droid and shared the ROM and a video of the OS only previously-seen on Nexus One devices. :drool:

I live in norway, lucky me, i havnt snowed in, because its too cold to snow :|
so i dont have anyplans of going out, so maybe i should order a droid from US :)

I really want to try this but I'm apprehensive and will just wait for verizon to update me. I looks nice!

I would wait for the correct droid release this is a unstable google nexus firmware but a lot forum posts show it breaking certain permissions with the android OS.

Looks good but I don't believe the GPS works with this (just agps). They are trying to find a fix though. Should be interesting at least.

Sweet! I have been waiting for this.
Any ideas on how long until it's rolled out officially?

Looks good but I don't believe the GPS works with this (just agps). They are trying to find a fix though. Should be interesting at least.

A few people have reported it not working, but i've read several reports of it working fine; and one guy said it was spot-on for a 65 mile road trip.

I think i'm going to give it a try later. My Droid has root access, and the custom recovery bootloader is installed. And I have my Nandroid backup.

I got burned the last time I "updated" my phone before retail release. It looks quicker and the new animations are slick.

Like bloodgod42 asked, any release date for this?

Supposedly the Droid Android 2.1 and Droid Eris\Hero 2.1 release are going to happen mid to late January. The Hero is already showing up on store shelves with the new OS in some markets.

You know, the main thing I want is more home screens. I don't really care otherwise as long as things work.

that is indeed fast.

i didn't think that would be as nice as it was. i doubt i would risk bricking my phone for it just yet.

Back