And yet another Android tablet: the BeBook Live

Joe Average

Ad Blocker - Banned
Apparently called the BeBook Live, and I've never heard of this one till I caught mention of it on Engadget a bit earlier, but it's another Android tablet, 7" screen, similar form factor as most every other one (it's not like there's going to be much difference in all these devices anyway), but nothing really seems to jump out as... well... a standout aspect.

http://www.bebooklive.com/

Android 2.2 from the gitgo, not even Gingerbread so I have to wonder what that's about, and most likely no Honeycomb for this thing either in the future. There's no hard specs posted yet that I can locate, but I'm pretty confident this won't have a 1280x800 screen in a 7" form factor - that's the resolution Honeycomb is really designed to work with so, I figure 1024x600 at best on this, same as the NOOKColor.

Their "support forum" has almost no activity worth mentioning, and not a peep about this BeBook Live model coming in June so that's not a good sign at all.

Oh well... we'll see dozens more of these things as time goes by I suppose. Retail for $279 so it ain't too bad but, given the NOOKColor's capabilities, dat 7" 1024x600 IPS LCD panel, the size and form factor, and all the community support behind it I'd be hard pressed to pick anything else in the $250 range.

And with B&N supposedly talking about their next eReader on May 24th (for possible introduction in September if we're lucky), a NOOKColor 2 could be just around the corner... w00t! :D

Back