And once again i can not OVERCLOCK!

GMcDougal

Gawd
ok....ive had it. ive got a new of everything almost,and still i cant overclock.even at 210,prime95 finds errors.here are my system specs below,someone PLEASE help me figure out whats going on here. the only thing i can think of to replace would be the power supply,but i wouldnt think it would cause problems at 210fsb.and yes,ive followed all these overclocking guides to no success.here is my system specs below.also,temps seem to very well within spec. I had this same exact problem with corsair value ram,athlon 64 3000,i have the same problems,210 seems to be the max stable,and even at 210 prime95 finds errors.someone help,i know this system is an overclocking beast ready to be unleashed!

Epox 8NPAJ (http://www.epox.com.tw/eng/products_content.php?ps=352)

Crucial Value Ram 1 GIG Stick (Heatspreaders added)

Maxtor Diamondmax10 250gig 16 Meg Cache on SATA Port 4

BFG 7800gt OC

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value

Athlon 64 3700+

Coolermaster Hyper 48+ Heatsink and fan

Enlight Power Supply 430w with an 18a 12v rail.

Thermaltake Tsunami Dream

LG CD-RW

If you followed the guides, then you should be okay... but check these things:

HTT Multiplier and memory divider.

With that 3700+ you are probably going to have to lower the clock multiplier before you will be able to raise the FSB.

Give us this information from the bios, or at least what you can find.

DRAM Configuration = ?
Adjust CPU FSB Frequency = ?
HT Frequency = ?
HT Width = ?
Cool 'n' Quiet = ?
Adjust CPU Ratio = ?
Adjust CPU VID = ?
Extra CPU Voltage = ?
Memory Voltage = ?
NF4 Voltage = ?

DRAM Configuration
Timing Mode = ?
MEMClock Index Value = ?
TCL = ?
TRAS = ?
TRCD = ?
TRP = ?
User Config Mode = ?
1T/2T Memory Timing = ?

tga, great idea about lowering the multiplier. im getting much much better results now,still off from what id like,but still working on it also. i do have a question tho. how high can i go on voltage for the cpu and it be ok? ive got the monster of a heatsink on it,so no worries on overheating. also,how high would you go on the ram? im at 2.9 right now,im thinking no higher than 3.0 for everyday use.

DEFINITELY get a new PSU. 18A for a San Diego AND 7800 is almost scary!

mavalpha said:

Yeap, thats really pushin that PSU I would only be comfortable with 32a or more with your setup.

Edit:
Nevermind, presumed you were running 939. That's not a San Diego, it's a Clawhammer- that draws even more power!

And yeah, your CPU is maxed out. A 12x multiplier with a 210HTT is 2540MHz, which is pushing it for some Clawhammers. That's why dropping the multi helps. At least you've got a CG memory controller, so that you'll be able to push your RAM.

mavalpha said:

I agree that PSU is junk. Pick up something ATX 2.0 compliant at least like a OCZ PowerStream or an Antec Smart / TruePower. PSUs are important in overclocking :)

Heh, it's kind of funny that the OP is aware of how weak his 12v rail is but still wonders what's going on. I'm surprised if it runs stock speeds reliably.

Back