AN7 or NF7-S

freezer

n00b
I did something stupid lastnight! Was not paying attention to what I was doing and smoked my NF7-S. Now should I go back with anoter NF7 or get the nguru in the AN7?

What ya think?

NF7-S hands down
the AN7 seems like a good choice but it still has some problems with it, mainly bios issues and some are often DOA

Originally posted by ST|FFY
NF7-S hands down
the AN7 seems like a good choice but it still has some problems with it, mainly bios issues and some are often DOA

i agree, NF7-S oc's better than the AN7 and AN7 bios isn't quite ready yet.

NF7-S.
But it can depend. AN7 offers slightly better sound codec, I believe, and slightly better stability/performance at 200 FSB. However, if you want to go over 200 FSB and don't want a bunch of useless haggling features (AbitEQ, uGuru) then go with the NF7-S. AN7 doesn't really offer anything the NF7-S doesn't have, and they are basically the same board.

The AN7 has alot of extra bios crap that you dont need, the NF7-s has been tested by many and has proven to be a good board, the AN7 is a new board and still as some things that need worked out in the bios before i would buy it over a NF7-s.

What they said. I'm a regular over at the AbitUSA forum, and have seen more people unhappy with the AN7 than the NF7-S (including a number who got an AN7 then went back to NF7-S).

Can the NF7-s support 400 FSB CPUs? cause everywhere i look it only say's it supports up to 333? i'm asking cause i'm gonna upgrade soon, and i' m deciding between the NF7-S amd the AN7. I don't plan to overclock..

it seems like the AN7 is the only one that supports 400 FSB CPUs.

the NF7-S v2.0 supports 400mhz FSB (200*2) and then some.

Many NF7-S owners running 220, 230, 240+ on the cpu FSB, producing 440 to 480mhz FSB overall

aahh yes yes. i just checked the abit site.. you're right.. well now.. looks like i'm gonna get the NF7-S ver 2.0

i fried my NF7 too... using a perfectly good stick of ram... maybe he shouldn't ?

Back