An Idea

I was thinking about ways to ensure secure transactions for trades (to make sure the seller ships, etc) and I don't know if this would be a legit method to do business on here, I'm not sure what all the forum policies are regarding ebay and whatnot. The idea is this, couldn't a buyer and seller agree on a price and everything and then the seller lists the item in a private auction on ebay (I don't know if they still allow private auctions anymore though) and the buyer goes and buys it -- this leaves the seller with the listing fees which maybe could be split between both parties, but then you have the security of an ebay transaction (not sure how secure that actually is, but people don't seem to have problems with ebay in general I dont think).

What do people think about this idea? Maybe it's overkill but it might be useful in certain situations, assuming it doesn't violate any of the forum policies. Comments? Flames?

If this is too off-topic mods, please delete.

EDIT: I bring this up because I'm looking to put a laptop up for sale, and I have virtually no heat, and am I a little apprehensive with the idea of shipping first for such an expensive transaction.

No bad. I had to do it once. Buyer was demanding that I list on eBay. But fee's can be alot, more if the price is high, and if the buyer pay by paypal then is also fee involve. ( But I think eBay who own paypal should charge less fee when an auction is paid with paypal ...anyhow) An escrow service will laso charge you a fee and they would do the same job, maybe with more security.

Also, it takes minimum 6 months to get your money back when you are fraud by a seller on eBay.

ina private auction you can sell the stuff for less than ...$ 10 ??? , I think.

so very low fees.....

Back