an addiction you say?

Bodega

Gawd
it seems wierd when one of the main reasons i give myself for building a sweet new rig is folding...

but anyway im building a new workstation *for CAD and 3dsmax*, dual 2.4/533 xeons with a gig and a half o ram. gonna be folding 24/7 in a couple weeks. my already thin college wallet is takin one for team 33 :D . sold some sweet ram, good headphones, my 9800pro, and a 5900xt. i know im gonna regret it when my next tuition bill comes but DAMN if it wont be cool to have a dual xeon setup :rolleyes:

But a very generous "weird".

You're thin college wallet will fill again, for good comes back on you.

gl ;)

Papa-Ming said:
But a very generous "weird".

You're thin college wallet will fill again, for good comes back on you.

gl ;)

Not to mention a bit satisfying as well. It’s not even a bragging rights thing. You just kind of get caught up in it and support is as you can.

Damn I hate when people actually make me think ;)

If you get taken in like a bunch of us home gardening folk, you wont get too wrapped up in it... and notice. It will be more like... machine X needs a new PSU *poof* you buy it. You'll comb the paper, for sale threads and giveaways looking for products for your garden...

and all the while, you'll not really notice what it's costing.

I'm proof that you can do it pretty cheap and still be serious about it.

RedShred said:
If you get taken in like a bunch of us home gardening folk, you wont get too wrapped up in it... and notice. It will be more like... machine X needs a new PSU *poof* you buy it. You'll comb the paper, for sale threads and giveaways looking for products for your garden...

and all the while, you'll not really notice what it's costing.

I'm proof that you can do it pretty cheap and still be serious about it.

Yes, RedShred had his “defining moment” just a few months ago if I recall. Bless his little heart he’s only starting to understand <evil grin followed by evil laugh> ;)

Fold on dude and enjoy :D

yeah, back home i have about 5 or 6 machines, sadly only 2 of which are running right now... until i go back there in 2 weeks ;) . its a farm of sorts... some old stuff, some new. this is what it looked like about a month or so ago when i was last there
IMG_1216_3.jpg

that dimension with the dvd player is actually a 2.8 w/ 512mb of ahr dee :cool:

Bodega...hmmm...looks like a perfectly normal computer installation to me.
Could be any one of a hundred [H] DCer's rigs. Right down to the rat's nest of cat 5 trailing off into the next room. Well except for that Dell. ;) Personally I'd have photochopped out the logo. :p

its a case that came with a 350mhz p2 in it (just like the case next to it) but uh... i had this 2.8 with rd lying around and i stuck it in there. it still has the intel inside pentium II logo. maybe im the only one here that thinks its kidna cool to have a 2.8 with some other decent specs in an oldschool dell case :cool:. its also the pc that i use whenever i'm home. by the way... if anyone has a rack and a few rackmount cases that they dont need and will give away for free or reatively cheap i think it might be kidna cool to get that farm organized.

BillR said:
Yes, RedShred had his “defining moment” just a few months ago if I recall. Bless his little heart he’s only starting to understand <evil grin followed by evil laugh> ;)

Fold on dude and enjoy :D

I've been down with this for a long time. I've just never used a really strong AMD machine. Now I'm way hooked on Advanced Micro. hehe.

As for the Dells. I have 3 here. 2.0, 1.7 and a 700.

The 700 is an XPS 600T like what is shown in dudes pic. I too was going to do something more with it. I actually like the case a bunch... It reminds me of the "tank" I started folding with.

My defining moment came when Bill sold me a Helluva rig that opened my eyes to real production for less coin. It was then i realized that 1 blazing machine is not proportional to 3 machines that add to the same Mhz. I too am pushing the smaller machines out and replacing them with stronger rigs.

And for this reason... This one time, its BillR's fault :D

RedShred said:
And for this reason... This one time, its BillR's fault :D

Damn, I can only hope that's the last thing in my life that's "My fault" ;)

Bogeda, tell me my friend, how do you keep your setup so neat and organized? Wish mine was that organized :D

BillR said:
how do you keep your setup so neat and organized? Wish mine was that organized :D

well, one day i was just sititn at the ol pc, and then all of a sudden this amazing and highly effiecient design for a small computer farm came into my head. i quickly got out a piece of paper and a pen to draw/write it down.

:rolleyes:

Back