Amplify wireless mouse?

Joined
Sep 22, 2005
Messages
604
Please note that I am a complete newbie when it comes to electrical circuits

I have a wireless trackball that I like a lot. However, the range and reliability of it is somewhat lacking. So, I thought it might be interesting to try and install a powered signal amplifier in it. Has anyone attempted this or seen it done? I have seen some basic amplifiers before, and and to me it seems plausible. What are your thoughts?


Thanks.
 
Depends on the type of RF circuit they've implemented in the mouse. (Is it a Bluetooth mouse?). From what we do in RKE work, we use Colpitts oscillators and Phase Locked Loop transmitters, but those are designed for...well, anywhere from 40m to 80m range.

Anywhooo...you might wanna try minimizing local sources of interference for starters, and using a DMM to check battery voltage in the mouse.
 
I KNOW someone attached an omnidirectional antenna to their keyboard, somewhere on the net...
 
It is not a bluetooth mouse. I will look inro it further. I do not know why all wireless products hate me....
 
Back
Top