Amp/Reciever recommendations??

Joined
Aug 19, 2002
Messages
722
Hey guys,

I just got myself 5 AV123 REF .5 speakers. I was thinking of using these for my PC...but would need an amp to drive them.

Just wondering if any of you had any recommendations for me.

I currently have z5500, but I'm sure these REF speakers plus an amp/reciever would be quite a big upgrade over the z5500's. Don't get me wrong, the z5500's have been great and I've really enjoyed them...but the upgrade bug is too much for me to resist!!

I guess I'll also need to get a sub...but that's a different story. I assume there is no way to use the z5500 sub since I believe it is completely integrated with the control pod.
 
Hey guys,

I just got myself 5 AV123 REF .5 speakers. I was thinking of using these for my PC...but would need an amp to drive them.

Just wondering if any of you had any recommendations for me.

I currently have z5500, but I'm sure these REF speakers plus an amp/reciever would be quite a big upgrade over the z5500's. Don't get me wrong, the z5500's have been great and I've really enjoyed them...but the upgrade bug is too much for me to resist!!

I guess I'll also need to get a sub...but that's a different story. I assume there is no way to use the z5500 sub since I believe it is completely integrated with the control pod.
Any receiver should work...

Budget?
 
I'm a Yamaha guy and use an older model, the RX-V990, to drive my X-LS 2.1 PC audio system. It sounds incredible. I recently picked up a new Yamaha RX-V661 for my home theater and couldn't be more pleased with the sound.

Yamaha FTW!!! :D
 
Sorry...my post was pretty vague...

My budget would peferrably be less than 300 dollars. And I guess what I'm really looking for here is the best 'bang-for-the-buck' reciever/amp.

So is the panny 57 known to be one of the best bang for the buck recievers out there??? Any other options I should consider??
 
Look at my system and with that in mind, I fully recommend the Panny 57.

It's worth the money and will run any speaker well enough.
 
Back
Top