Amp problems, help please.

slaya

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a set of Logitech Z-560 speakers.. One day I was listening to my music fairly loud and all of a sudden everything stops so i checked the wires making sure no wires fell out and that was cool. I couldnt figure out what was wrong so I checked out Logitechs forum and people said that the amps fuse broke. I purchased the correct replacement fuse and replaced it, I could tell my old one was broken because it was a smokey black color. When I replace the fuse and turn it on it keeps popping again, I dont know what is wrong and why it pops everytime I put in a new fuse. I hear a small "ZZZ" sound and thats about it.

Anyone know what the problem is? I am beginning to think that I should find a replacement amp and switch it.

Logitech said they cant do anything for me since I already opened it and I cant pay for replacement parts because they do not have warrenty on this product anymore.

[.SlaYa.]

I am not one to heap more bad advice on the pile that you have already been given.
Take the speakers to a qualified technician and have him take a look at them.

the problem is that one if the internal silicon amps is defective, logitech has been having lots of problems with the z-560's. your best bed is to buy new speakers, it's gonna cost you more to get it fixed to buy a new pair of speakers. One option, is to replace the chip yourself and that could work. Btw, do you think you could open up your control unit and take some good pictures of it for me? thanks

Back