• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ammonia Continuous Absorbsion Chiller????

rodsfree

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 13, 2004
Messages
1,417
Has anyone ever done an Ammonia rig?

I've been looking at the RV refridge web-sites and they look simple to build. (looks can be deceiving though)
It probably wouldn't produce subzero temps, but it might get a water loop below ambient without the mess/hassle of a bong.

They are supposed to be quite too.
 
rodsfree said:
Has anyone ever done an Ammonia rig?

I've been looking at the RV refridge web-sites and they look simple to build. (looks can be deceiving though)
It probably wouldn't produce subzero temps, but it might get a water loop below ambient without the mess/hassle of a bong.

They are supposed to be quite too.

I remember this idea being mentioned sometime last year, but I haven't seen anyone post evidence of trying it here. It's an interesting idea, I wonder how well it would work with the heatload of a PC.

by the way, i like your sig :D I won't argue with that
 
Thanks...
a friend at work clipped it from an issue of "Machine Design" and just had to give it to me. :rolleyes: Wonder why? :D

I think it could carry the load. They make full-size fridges that work this way. They are big in Europe and in Hawii... and some places that have problems with the electrical grid. They'll run off propane, 12VDC,120VAC,220VAC or what have you. As long as it can make enough heat to move the cycle.

I don't think that an OC'd prescott could do enough... but the element basically works like a coffee maker does. It's a small boiler that runs a bubble pump.

Einstein even holds a patent for one!
 
Back
Top