• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ammo Can PC revisited

monk3y

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 14, 2007
Messages
426
Hey all, I have decided to restart my ammo can pc project, as I have no school or work till January 3rd. Well the problem I was facing before what my lack of space in the can it self and cash, But I have been able to solve that problem, trial and error with design in google sketch up, and the cash problem has been addressed as well. The only problem now is what to build my frame out of, as aluminum L stock didn't work to well. I have many things planned for this project. The ammo can I will be using was used to store 30mm ammunition. I will be water cooling everything so I don't have to worry about the air flow as much. The way I plan on mounting everything is in a cage that slides into the can itself, I was thinking about going with an immersion cooling system but I decided against it for the fact that it would be to heavy to move, and would get kind of pricey for the coolant.

Below are the pictures of my mock up, keep in mind this is still a rough draft and shows how the part will be.

ammo_cancasenew-1.jpg

ammo_cancasenew1-1.jpg

ammo_cancasenew2-1.jpg
 
looks great, can't wait to see a steady stream of updates on this... make sure it can play HD video content :)


gl man
 
small update, I have just moved into my new house and I am expecting the rest of my stuff including my tools to arrive today, but on another note I am still working on the design of the cage that will house the pc components. I have been toying with the idea of using carbon fiber and aluminum for the cage material.
 
Wow that thing looks big. I was planning a similar idea except with a smaller can and a mini itx board. Good luck and I wanna see the temps!
 
well I guess I would call this an update, At this point I am unsure what to do about this project, space is a huge issue and I don't have a clue on how I will be constructing this. I guess I can say I bit off more then I can chew. I am in no way canceling this project but until I come up with an actual plan this project will be put on hold.
 
well I guess I would call this an update, At this point I am unsure what to do about this project, space is a huge issue and I don't have a clue on how I will be constructing this. I guess I can say I bit off more then I can chew. I am in no way canceling this project but until I come up with an actual plan this project will be put on hold.

What are you having space problems with?
 
Ammo cans are built pretty solid and with pretty thick steel so you've grabbed my attention quite easily with this project as I'm wondering how you will mod said case to accommodate the components. Nonetheless, good luck, chap and I'll start watching this thread from now on.
 
Back
Top