America's Most And Least Reputable Big Companies

HardOCP News

[H] News
Forbes has put out its list of America's Most And Least Reputable Big Companies and...drum roll please....Amazon tops the list. Google is in the top ten, Microsoft and Apple are dead even in the middle of the pack and Comcast is way down at the bottom.

Amazon is the most reputable company in the U.S. in 2011 because consumers believe that it stands for more than what it sells," says Anthony Johndrow, managing partner at Reputation Institute. "Its enterprise-wide story engages consumers in more than just delivering innovative products and services, a trustworthy and ethical customer experience or strong financial performance.

Why do these lists keep coming out every month? I guess they sell ads.

Ugh, 1 picture per page. No thanks. If someone posts a condensed list I'll read it.

If Amazon doesn't stop using Prestige Shipping, their rep is going to go and go quickly...especially the folks who pay for two day Prime.
People on their forums are pissed and dissed

Kraft as #2? Ugh... I wonder if people know how far that web extends as to what they really own.

Where the heck are you guys looking to see one company per page? Second page of the linked article has the full list.

Lazy bums

1 Amazon.com
2 Kraft Foods
3 Johnson & Johnson4 3M MMM 81 77.15 3.85 Industrial Products
5 Kellogg's
6 UPS
7 FedEx
8 Sara Lee
9 Google
10 Walt Disney Company

Bottom Ten:
140 News Corporation
141 Bank of America
142 Comcast
143 Capital One
144 Citigroup
145 ExxonMobil
146 Halliburton HAL 37.62 31.43 6.19 Construction & Engineering
147 Goldman Sachs GS 37.14 46.75 -9.6 Financial - Diversified
148 Fannie Mae (Federal National Mortgage Association ) FNMA 34.7 38.22 -3.52 Financial - Diversified
149 AIG - American International Group AIG 33.94 27.06 6.88 Financial - Insurance
150 Freddie Mac (Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation) FMCC 29.47 33.11 -3.64 Financial - Diversified

If Amazon doesn't stop using Prestige Shipping, their rep is going to go and go quickly...especially the folks who pay for two day Prime.
People on their forums are pissed and dissed

I haven't even heard of Prestige...I have no complains against Amazon. All my stuff is always delivered on time (or quicker) through UPS. My favorite place to buy online, seeing as they usually have the best prices and if something goes wrong great customer support.

Can you explain what "Prestige Shipping" is?

I have Amazon Prime and i'll get my item next day or the day after, exactly as advertised.

lol Comcast should have been #1 least reputable...in Phila. you have to buy Comcast just to watch the Phillies, Flyers and Sixers regular season games. I said screw it and stayed with Direct TV. Watch the occasional Phillies game on local TV or ESPN when it gets picked up- if it doesn't get blacked-out.:mad:

UPS and Fedex? Well I guess other people have better experience with them, UPS it dented box emporium, and Fedex left a $130 book out in the rain in a carboard box with no plastic. I know Amazon has some great stuff, but I only bought one item on it for $20, and months later my account was internally compromized, and someone bought $600 of $19.99 battlefield bad company 2 digital downloads with it 30 copies lol with not much evidence of who did it.

Lol...I love how the top ten consist of: financial companies, oil companies, and Comcast. :p

Can you explain what "Prestige Shipping" is?

I have Amazon Prime and i'll get my item next day or the day after, exactly as advertised.

Yeah. Prestige is the name of a small knockoff elcheapo carrier and the term carrier is being generous. The more truthful answer is they take the packages from the local USPS and deliver it to your home. By deliver I mean they set your package on the curb or doorstep and simply drive off. If you are lucky like me you live on a culdesac in whitey well to do America with a proper doorstep that is under roof. If not your package gets mistaken for trash or simply gets stolen or maybe just gets rained on. Even though you were home 20 feet from the front door when they dropped it off, so you know they never knocked or rang bell.

I just got notice of shipment from Amazon via Prestige for the second time. If the first experience I had and other reports are any indicator they will cause me to have to complain to Amazon again......

To be fair to UPS and, I guess, FedEx, they do deliver a lot of stuff in perfect shape everyday. You just never hear about it the good stuff. 90% of the crap I see is the shipper's fault for reusing old worn out boxes, sourcing cheep boxes, failing to tape properly, etc. A lot of shipper's should be firing their shipping departments.

There's a load of shipping scams out there too, they WANT the box damaged when it get's to you. They get to insure (or with UPS have 100$ free insurance on everything) for the MSRP of the item shipped, not what it cost them. Plus shipping cost back. That's money for nothing.

Back