Americas Army 3 launch today FREE on Steam!

The Authorization Servers are being hammered right now, so you may have issues with the training and stats saving. I've yet to have a single stat save since this morning, before it went live. lol

No wonder I never played the first and second versions......these training missions are stupid. I did the first training and did everything right in 1:22 and I failed........tried the first gun training mission and shot 28/x with 70% accuracy and still failed.

The only training that should go in games are the ones in Gran Turismo.

No wonder I never played the first and second versions......these training missions are stupid. I did the first training and did everything right in 1:22 and I failed........tried the first gun training mission and shot 28/x with 70% accuracy and still failed.

The only training that should go in games are the ones in Gran Turismo.
Don't forget it's supposed to be a recruiting tool as well. Supposed to give potential recruits an idea of what they will do in training. Minus the breaking you down and rebuilding you thing.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Eh, searched and seems like other people are having the same problems failing training missions when they should pass.

Apparently they load from the mission maps from the servers and since it just came out today.......they are pretty hammered.

Looks like a failed launch. I'm almost done patching the game so I'll find out if I'm having all the same problems everyone else is...sigh. Used to play the original a lot too.

Yep...fail. Did the obsticle course and got 36/40 on the shooting range and then it lost my progress right after so I would have had to do it again. Tried to get into a multiplayer match after that and it just hung at one of the background screens and I had to ctl-alt-del out of it. Looks like I'll be waiting until the problems get ironed out before I play again.

Yep...fail. Did the obsticle course and got 36/40 on the shooting range and then it lost my progress right after so I would have had to do it again. Tried to get into a multiplayer match after that and it just hung at one of the background screens and I had to ctl-alt-del out of it. Looks like I'll be waiting until the problems get ironed out before I play again.

Just press esc.

It went back to unreleased status for me,along with quite a few others...swing and a miss, try again tomorrow?

i was just logged in. changed video settings then it crashed. now i cant log in. kjbsdfkjnfadkna

This game launches on Steam at 1500 (3:00) Eastern time. My department is partially responsible for the development and advertisement of this game so it's a big day in the office today. I've demo'ed the beta a few times and this game is definitely going to be worth checking out. Me being in the Active Enlisted Army, I can actually vouch for a lot of the content in this game and can say it's pretty realistic in how you go through training and get the weapons familiarization in the ranges. Plus it runs on the Unreal 3 engine, so it's definitely a significant graphical improvement over the previous AA games.

Highly recommend you pre-load and prepare for launch now! Hope to see you online! :D

Oh, and this game is TOTALLY FREE!

Fix my training missions... I lost 2 hours worth

Downloaded, pre install finished. Now it says the game is no released yet. Of course on the steam page, it says it came out yesterday. Win?

Nevermind, reset Steam and now I'm playing it.

Last edited:
This is probably a dumb question but i was just playing AA3 changing setting an what not i changed the rez. an now my monitor says invalid format i take it i clicked the wrong one. The thing is i am unable to find where it saves these setting to change them back so any help would be awesome. Also is there by any chance a way to play this at 1360x768?
Cheers!
Brian

I can't even get the damned thing to launch.

I know people are going to attack me for saying this because it's a free game but....

Seriously, be glad it's not working. Not worth the time. I've played a lot of games that have been released before as free games and they were A LOT more fun then this POS.

i was just playing AA3 changing setting an what not i changed the rez. an now my monitor says invalid format i take it i clicked the wrong one. The thing is i am unable to find where it saves these setting to change them back so any help would be awesome. Also is there by any chance a way to play this at 1360x768?

from the beta some friends tried they said it was buggy piece of crap last week and gfx were so so....

So not sure if i should try it myself, i really hate having to go through all the dam training.

from the beta some friends tried they said it was buggy piece of crap last week and gfx were so so....

So not sure if i should try it myself, i really hate having to go through all the dam training.

wait a while... i think multiplayers still broken too

I wonder if the OP got fired/laid off since he said he was on the developing team......

i cant even do the training. able to do it once but it didnt saved and now it just freezes when i try to load the training mission.

i cant even do the training. able to do it once but it didnt saved and now it just freezes when i try to load the training mission.

Stop playing. Pretend like AA3 isn't being released until next week. Problem solved.

If you are impatient, check out this website before you play http://aaotracker.com/. On the right side of the screen there is a box that gives the status of the auth servers. If they are offline, like they have been for the majority of the last few days, you can't play AA, simple as that.

Almost every problem with AA3 At the moment is caused by Authentication Servers.
Now, it is odd to use an auth server to enter a "offline" training map (which is why some can't get in to training).
In AA2.x, they used to do it so that it would only authenticate to send your progress to the servers.
(In AA2.x you also used to be able to cheat your way through training though)
Maybe new countermeasures?... a pity they caused the downfall(or mega-stall) of the launch.

Stop playing. Pretend like AA3 isn't being released until next week. Problem solved.

If you are impatient, check out this website before you play http://aaotracker.com/. On the right side of the screen there is a box that gives the status of the auth servers. If they are offline, like they have been for the majority of the last few days, you can't play AA, simple as that.

my little cousin said he trained and can play just fine. maybe its just me.

Back