AMD's Strategy

TooEasy!

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 29, 2010
Messages
223
While AMD has taken a significant blow today, their success lies in the hands of OEM's and their server division. We all know that AMD's graphics cards are phenomenal and judging from the few gaming benchmarks on bulldozer, performance is on par with today's most popular resolutions. Therefore, if AMD channelize these systems to OEM's implementing mid-range discrete cards, they have the potential to weigh in a good amount of success with novice users.

What's your thoughts?
 
Can't you just post in one of the other 400 threads about Bulldozer and AMD? Why do we need another thread about it?
 
so you are saying their plan is to sell BD to noobs??


well on the other hand noobs seem to be in ready supply...but noobs mostly say "intel gimmie gimmie" not because intel pwns (which perhaps sadly it does for now) but because Intel is the one they have heard more about.
 
Newbs will buy BD because there 8 core CPU's.. Thats enough to get the attention of those out of the know.
 
Newbs will buy BD because there 8 core CPU's.. Thats enough to get the attention of those out of the know.
I can imagine the fight already with people who dont know much about pc's , " it has a true 8 cores unlike intel , for moooooo powa " geesh , first the mac guys now this :D
 
If anything AMD is for noobs, I feel sorry for the guys who waited for BD thinking it'll be the next best thing.
I'm a fan of what ever I can get for the most performance/buck, I over looked the Phenom II Hex cores ever since I landed a i7 965 chip, around this time last year for $250.
Around that time they had the 1090t for $299+.
 
Back
Top