AMD's Statement On Reports Of Radeon RX 480 Excessive Power Draw

it does seem like it would be best if they had left compability mode on by default as with it been off its still over spec, all compability mode does is put the Slot in spec (well just about any way when its enabled) and you have to understand most people will not understand what this compability power mode is and won't turn it on (should be on by default and option to turn it off if you dare)

cards that have 6 pin only should be a 125W card (50w ish from slot and 75W from 6Pin as this is how it's always been), as even if you overclock it you Still be in spec on the slot but might not be on the 6 pin connector but it can handle 3x its rated spec of 75W so no concern if you pulling a lot more power over the 6 pin connector

AMD should have Never had to even made a compatibility mode just stupid it should of not even got to this point it should of had a 8pin connector (50W from slot and 100W+ from cable) so it does not put unnecessary load on the slot and make it heat up

this card should of not got to retail with a 6 pin connector

Read my post. I explicitly stated for which conditions and components my calculations were valid. They still are.
You didnt consider a bad connection.
When a spec is defined, this forms part of it.

You didnt consider a bad connection.
When a spec is defined, this forms part of it.

If you are going to be pedantic, at least be precise. My post explicitly stated that I was not considering connectors...just the wires. Since a "bad connection" is a subset of ALL connectors, I did define my parameters. Go read my post. I'd say "again", but I don't think you ever did.

If you are going to be pedantic, at least be precise. My post explicitly stated that I was not considering connectors...just the wires. Since a "bad connection" is a subset of ALL connectors, I did define my parameters. Go read my post. I'd say "again", but I don't think you ever did.
Point is, you must consider the connections.
The specs are not created based on the wiring alone.

Back