AMD's 5 GHz is Out!

Not to be a dick but, you're a little late. They've been popping up in combo deals and such across various websites for weeks now.

Yeah but I thought they only for OEM's? I see Newegg found a way to skirt around the issue though (combo deal only).

Yeah Newegg and a few others are offering these combo deals... Wonder who is mental enough to buy one, :p.

Seriously, way to much coin for an under performing cpu

Lmao, I was like "hey another chance to talks about the processor without someone replying with exactly the same cookie cutter response that litters the other threads!" And then I read the last comment

Lmao, I was like "hey another chance to talks about the processor without someone replying with exactly the same cookie cutter response that litters the other threads!" And then I read the last comment

I hear ya man and I want to be with ya but this just makes me cringe every time I see it. $900 for a 4.7 GHz 8320 when a stock $150 8320 will do 4.6 almost guaranteed.

AMD has nobody to blame for all the memes going on over this but themselves and even though I've proclaimed myself the unofficial AMD defender, I just can't do it on this one.

Well if you read my sig you would see I run AMD hardware. In fact the last intel powered Desktop I owned was an original P133. Since then I have used AMD to power my desktops. If you read my posts you will see that I have consistently said that AMD is the bang for the buck CPU... But when they are charging $900 for this CPU you can't not do a facepalm. This is a $400 cpu TOPS!!!

Ok we get it, everyone can take a sigh of relief. In everyone's opinion it's over priced. Now that every single person on the forum has said that, lets talk about something else like using TheStilt's x87 optimization and seeing how it helps this processor in super pi or something.

I do? I hwbot, it's worth points, it's fun to try?

Who gives a shit about negative comments anymore.

Honestly, priced right this chip would be a pretty good deal as its power consumption is nowhere near a 1.50V+ 5.0ghz 8320 or 8350. I'm curious if it is some kind of tweaks to the chip itself (like richland vs trinity) or just allowing APM to run rampant.

SuperPi? Isn't AMD still in the upper 17 second range for 1M in that?

I thought it was mostly an Intel benchmark since they always win in that.

For this to be a [H] forum, [H]ardly any people understand the concept of overclocking and benchmarking. You ever thought about benchmarking against other people who have Amd CPUs?

Then use a benchmark that actually utilizes the CPU rather than something that runs on a single core and tests IPC. Don't expect it to be much higher with this, it's still the same architecture and the strengths are in multithreaded areas.

For this to be a [H] forum, [H]ardly any people understand the concept of overclocking and benchmarking. You ever thought about benchmarking against other people who have Amd CPUs?
This is arguably one of the largest and most popular PC centric tech forum on the net. It attracts everyone from the [H]ardcore, the practically minded, and the delusional.;)

This is arguably one of the largest and most popular PC centric tech forum on the net. It attracts everyone from the [H]ardcore, the practically minded, and the delusional.;)

Why you gotta come in here and be all sensical an shiz.....

That's not to bad a combo, but for 3K you'd think they'd throw in a monitor.

Back