• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AMD64 for OC’d Gaming

fore1337

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Messages
1,416
Hello,
I’m picking up a chip this week, and have found some good prices on various AMD chips.

#1.) 3500+ chip. Overclocks are in the same region as the 4000+ chip (~2.8ghz on H20, 3.1Ghz on vapo) (~$260)

#2.) 3700+ chip. . Overclocks are in the same region as the 4000+ chip (~2.8ghz on H20, 3.2+ Ghz on vapo) $60 delta from the 3500+ (~$330 retail)

#3.) 3800+ chip. . I haven’t heard much on OCs from this chip, but I’m guessing that they’re par with the 3700+ chip. …only $30 more (~$360 retail)

#3.) 4000+ chip. It’s single core, but doesn’t offer some OC stepping options available in the FX family. (max OCs are around 2.8Ghz on H20)(~$400)

#4.) X2 Family, X2 4200+ primarily. It’s in the same price range, but runs the dual cores. …I don’t see a benefit to single core gamers.(~$500)

I’m trying to figure out which cores are the nicest to OC.

Can anyone identify this FPO/BATCH: 3700+ (CABGE 0515SPMW)
Venice or San Diego?

3500+ or 3700+ definitely seems to be the sweet spot for me.
I’m using the anandtech pricing engine:
http://labs.anandtech.com/alllinks.php?pfilter=1582

Is there much reason to bump up the price, keeping mind I plan to OC the shot out of this with conventional H20, and possibly peltier cooling?
 
get the 3500+ then.. since ur overclocking... and they tend to have the same overclocking results...
 
aZn_plyR said:
get the 3500+ then.. since ur overclocking... and they tend to have the same overclocking results...
good point, I just noticed that the top end OCs were slightly higher on the 3700+ chips compared to the 3500+ chips.

however, everything above 3700+ is a plateu.


SpoogeMonkey said:
You might even want to look at the 3200's then. They're oc'ing nicely and they're only~$190
You're absolutely right. Some people are getting 2.8Ghz out of the 3200+ chips. The Phaze Changers are topping out atound 3.0 to 3.1Ghz



linky to overclockers.com DB

note: I can always spend my saved $$ on more exotic cooling methods.
 
fore1337 said:
You're absolutely right. Some people are getting 2.8Ghz out of the 3200+ chips. The Phaze Changers are topping out atound 3.0 to 3.1Ghz


note: I can always spend my saved $$ on more exotic cooling methods.

Exactly!! I would point out a 3000+ venice, but not too sure how the newest weeks are doing. The money saved from not buying a 3700+, gets you 1/2 way to an H20-Apex kit
 
Back
Top