AMD64 CPU Death!!!

rkarch

n00b
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
8
Hello all,

I have been overclocking for years, but have just recently tried my hand at 64-3200 Winny setup. In reading everyones posts, I assumed that I could easily work up to 1.6vcore without any issues; boy was I wrong.

Normally when a CPU goes bad, in my experience, it just dies. Unfortunately this was not the case for my new 3200. It worked intermitantly which made me believe I had some other hardware problem. I bought and replaced ram, video cards, motherboard, and PSU. After two weeks of pulling out my hair the CPU finally took the plunge (theres $195 out the window).

The new Winny is running at 2.4ghz now, I have posted with 2.7ghz but I am not going to chance another fried processor due to long term overvolting.
 
I got my Winnie at 2,530 (230FSB) and I have been watching it like a hawk.
I think I should be able to keep it at this speed forever.

1.5Volts by the way.
 
nice.....my winnie 3000+ is at 2.61ghz with 1.568-1.6 volts on stock cooling and temps vary from 30 idle to 46 load, im looking to get the xp90 to keep it cool ;)
 
N H O said:
nice.....my winnie 3000+ is at 2.61ghz with 1.568-1.6 volts on stock cooling and temps vary from 30 idle to 46 load, im looking to get the xp90 to keep it cool ;)

NHO, I have an XP-90 and fan that is left over from my striped P4 set-up, if you are interested. In perfect condition!
 
I got my winchester 3200 to 2.5 on 1.48 volts. Gonna set it up to 1.5 to get it stable, crashes in P95 after 2 hrs. Thats with load temps at 33C
 
yea, my winny is runnin at 2.5 (250*10 w/ ddr333 for divider purposes). nice and cool at 30C idle and 38C load.

its at 1.5125V and seems to run stable. i ran it at 1.5V and got a freeze during a game, so i upped it .0125V. anyone think the freeze indicates something else?
 
1.6v here for the last 3-4 months and no problems....maybe it was a bad cpu from the start. How long did you have it?
 
I could only get my 3200+ Winnie to 2.3GHz stable at stock voltages. pretty lame, but its better then nothin. I've heard of people getting ther 3200+ Venice to 2.8Ghz stable.
 
I got a question, if the .9nm chips can run @ 1.6 safely, can a .13 a64 run @ 1.7 vcore with very good aircooling?

(coolermaster hyper 6 Dual thermaltake smartfan 2 (75cfm each))??

O yah, and NHO, svc.com has the xp-90 for 24.99 :) sweet
 
Hey, I have my winny 3200+ at 2.6ghz on stock volts, stock cooler, 8 hours Prime stable :)

Its been at this speed for the last 6 months nay worries.

Shadow27
 
somehow, my vcore was set to 1.7 and it was running at 48C. I decided to play CS:S to see if it would crash or if the temp reading just was going crazy. well it didn't crash BUT i almost fainted when i saw the voltage it was running at on stock cooling. lol.
 
Whoa Lunchbox, 1.7v :eek: , i'm surprised it didn't fry straight away on stock cooling, lol. What do you reckon made it go to 1.7v?

Shadow27
 
no idea. i bet it took a good 3 months off of the life of it though in the 15 minutes it was running like that.
 
Back
Top