AMD Wraith Prism on Mini-ITX, any experience?

criccio

Fully Equipped
My current system is feeling a little CPU age and I'm looking to move to something newer. I'm going to be keeping my storage, case (Corsair 250D) and GPU (GTX 1070).

Current relevant parts:
  • i5-4690k
  • Asus H97i-Plus Mini-ITX
  • 16GB DDR3

Looking to swap in:
  • B350 or B450 AMD based Mini-ITX board
  • Ryzen 7 2700X
  • 16GB DDR4
I'm just a little hesitent and having trouble finding any concret answers so I'm looking for some first hand experience regarding fitment. I currenlty use the Corsair H100i as its basically the recommended cooler for this 250D case. Ideally i'd like to just drop that and use the 2700X's included Wraith Prism cooler. Looking at the specs of the case and the height of the cooler, i'm not worried much about case clearance as I am RAM clearance.

TL;DR Is anyone here using the Wraith Prism with a Mini-ITX board and is there any RAM clearance issues I should know about?

Are you planning any heavy overclocking? If you are I would keep the H100, otherwise the Wraith Prism will do just fine with PB2 or even with some light all-core OCs. I doubt you will have any clearance issues.

Are you planning any heavy overclocking? If you are I would keep the H100, otherwise the Wraith Prism will do just fine with PB2 or even with some light all-core OCs. I doubt you will have any clearance issues.

No, not really. I've had one H100i fail on me already so I'd be happy to be rid of it

I'm more concerned with the Wraith Spire clearing the RAM on a mini-itx board to be honest.

You won't have a problem with it clearing ram.

uJLlPtS.jpg

That's exactly what i wanted to hear (and see) so thank you!

Side note... i may or may not have also ordered the AMD bracket for me H100i also so... Well we'll see what I end up doing.

I got the same motherboard too so that's helpful.

Back