AMD Will Be #1 In Visual Computing In The Next Three Years

wee more fake slides that try and explain to the dumb investors their master plan. These things are all about making sure your investors are happy.

Vega better hit hard if they want to be #1 in Visual computing. Seems like once in a blue moon AMD has the right design with the right process node to be great. Polaris is halfway decent design, but appears the 16nm tsmc node is just better than the lpp glofo process. I hope they do well and bring some more competition to the market then we all win.

I feel like the last truly competitive card they released was the 290x, which was quickly made nearly obsolete with the release of Maxwell. Since then Nvidia has run a muck with their prices. #makeamdgreatagain

Even the 290X was a mere shadow of the 7970. The 7970 (Ghz) was faster than the 680, and overclocked further, and maintained this lead for a long time.

AMD seems to think they have a winner on their hands, guess we will find out shortly as both High end GPU and CPU are almost ready. Until then it just wild speculation and rumor.

I'm just going to put this out there for thoughts. Has anyone ever known Jim Keller to design a bad CPU?

Well you certainly can't read between the lines! :) Do you want me to re-phrase the question?
I know what do you mean but i calmly point out that best products of companies Keller worked in were released 2 to 3 years after he left (the golden time is around that interval, that i remember). Since he left like under a year ago, Zen will be mediocre, and Zen+2 will probably be pretty good.

wee more fake slides that try and explain to the dumb investors their master plan. These things are all about making sure your investors are happy.

Vega better hit hard if they want to be #1 in Visual computing. Seems like once in a blue moon AMD has the right design with the right process node to be great. Polaris is halfway decent design, but appears the 16nm tsmc node is just better than the lpp glofo process. I hope they do well and bring some more competition to the market then we all win.

The problem is with these goals that there rather fleeting if AMD can achieve a X2 of a good card they could claim that already.

We have yet to see anything regarding Vega that would promise something outstanding ....

The plan is a 3 year plan, these plans are for Vega and Navi, with their current rate of performance increases, they only way they can get to #1 position by 3 years in graphics is if nV stays still, its not even realistic to think that. When AMD stood still for 9 months they lost 20% market share *this is when nV had a demanding lead in performance and all other metrics too for those 9 months for all segments, Is that even a realistic expectation for AMD to make?

That's why I stated earlier every time AMD talks to their investors in these conference calls, its like they are in a fish bowl, completely disillusioned and leaving out that the fish bowl they are in there are two fat piranhas that are hungry and they are the guppy.

If AMD stated they are going to get back marketshare by showing they are the market leaders in innovation of graphics, that is a better approach, then the crock they showed and talked about in that slide. At least that is believable withstanding they can actually do it. No one will question a statement like that, because they are talking into account the variables that they will do better then nV when it comes to innovation. It might or might not happen but no one can question them.

Last edited:
Back