• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AMD VS Intel: Which Company's Processors Do You Prefer?

AMD Or Intel

  • Intel

    Votes: 21 22.3%
  • AMD

    Votes: 73 77.7%

  • Total voters
    94
Wheres the "Which ever has the best processors for the best price right now" option?

-zac
 
^ I didn't think to add one. Typically people are either hardcore Intel or hardcore AMD.
 
If anyone mentions the word "Intel" on the IGN PC hardware boards that person just may get strung up by the AMD loyalists.
 
Well I'm afraid to say I also spend ages poring over benchmarks and then get the best for me. No 'brand loyalty' would be a worthy addition to the poll.
 
^ I have been building computers since 1997 and I started out building Intel only systems. I decided to give AMD a try; therefore I purchased an Athlon XP chip and I had a bad experience with the chip so I decided to go back to being Intel only. My Intel only stance changed when the Athlon 64 processors were released. I built an Athlon 64 rig back in September and I plan on building a Pentium 4 rig next month. I will build system based on either brand chip; however I created this poll to see when others stand on the Intel vs. AMD issue.
 
pr0zac said:
Wheres the "Which ever has the best processors for the best price right now" option?

No shit.


The Doc said:
Typically people are either hardcore Intel or hardcore AMD.

Only dumbasses. Buy whatever chip fits your need/budget.
 
^ You mean to tell me there aren't any Intel or AMD loyalists out there?
 
The Doc said:
^ I didn't think to add one. Typically people are either hardcore Intel or hardcore AMD.

Well i feel sorry for those that are because you can't always get the best processor for a certain task from just one company and it doesn't make any sense to be loyal to one or the other. You should support whichever you think performs performs better and forget what name they carry cause Intel and AMD could care less about you.
 
there are plenty of !!!!!!s out there, don't worry about it

edit: well..that's interesting..i can't say that?
 
gwai lo said:
there are plenty of !!!!!!s out there, don't worry about it

edit: well..that's interesting..i can't say that?
say what? :p
 
I have loyalty to neither company, I buy whatever I am happy with from testing it out.
 
I buy for performance.
Though I do think the p4 multi-tasks a little better than the amd 64. But the amd 64 provides better gaming.

It's always teetering between the two. But the advances and competitive pricing keeps me hoping that the battle rages on!

Kudos to both companies. They are both so very important to providing better machines.
 
Generally AMD since the bang for the buck is unbeatable most of the time, though I own both Intel and AMD systems. For laptops is almost always Intel since theres not many good laptops built with AMD's :(
 
I've always been a bit closer to the Intels, we've always had Pentiums as the processors in our computers. But, then I got an AMD...

I'm a changed man. :)
 
I mainly use intel, I don't have any issues with AMD, I built one for my mother with an AMD, I prefer the multitasking of a intel. Whenever the dual cores come out for AMD I may give them a try. I also seem to run into more stability issues with AMD motherboards but that may be chance errors since I only build a couple systems a year.
 
Don't know about others...but I think asking which is better is a dumb question to begin with...AMD64 is known for its superior gamimg support, running cool and quiet, the virus protection bit and of course its 64-bit memory addressing while Intel has hyper-threading which is proven to be not just a hype and also its better performance in video editting...again, agree with previous posts: take your pick to best suit your needs. Currently I am running an intel machine. But I am looking forward to building an AMD64 rig in the near future.
 
The Doc said:
^ I didn't think to add one. Typically people are either hardcore Intel or hardcore AMD.
I don't think this is true....you are saying people all behave like extremists...yeah, only they don't know how ot reason with themselves and they all junior high dropouts
 
I like AMD because of the Price/Performance Ratio.....It would be nice to get a 3.2ghz P4 that is capable of 64bitOS for $150.....
 
darktiger said:
I like AMD because of the Price/Performance Ratio.....It would be nice to get a 3.2ghz P4 that is capable of 64bitOS for $150.....

By the time there is actually a 64-bit OS and 64-bit applications and 64-bit drivers for the hardware there will be EM64T enabled Intel processors at the $150 price point i'm sure.
 
ImLazZzy said:
I don't think this is true....you are saying people all behave like extremists...yeah, only they don't know how ot reason with themselves and they all junior high dropouts

I should clarify my statement. Perhaps not everyone is either hardcore AMD or hardcore Intel; but there are people out there who will only be loyal to one chip manufacture for whatever reason. I build systems based on Intel and AMD chips and I will continue to do so in the future.
 
The Doc said:
^ I have been building computers since 1997 and I started out building Intel only systems. I decided to give AMD a try; therefore I purchased an Athlon XP chip and I had a bad experience with the chip so I decided to go back to being Intel only. My Intel only stance changed when the Athlon 64 processors were released. I built an Athlon 64 rig back in September and I plan on building a Pentium 4 rig next month. I will build system based on either brand chip; however I created this poll to see when others stand on the Intel vs. AMD issue.


I've been building computers since 1999, and I've build hundreds--both intel and amd systems.. I've never once had a problem with either chips.. the only chips i've had problems with where the old cyrix processors..now those were shit.
 
placeboFx said:
Kudos to both companies. They are both so very important to providing better machines.
...QFT.

I'm an Intel fan, for the simple reason that I've always found that there's lots more to a computer than the CPU. Namely, the motherboard chipset(s). Intel systems with Intel chipsets, to me, have always been the most stable, most compatible, easiest to "get along" with of any hardware running. Sure, performance is very important as well, but when the "whole" picture is considered, I still have Intel systems around B.B.S. labs, and at work, too.

FWIW - B.B.S.
 
damn AMD is winning by a landslide so far.

I work on intel's at work and AMD at home. If you threw to pc's with about the same things in it, I personally dont think I can tell the difference.

I'm just happy there there are 2 rivals, good competition keeps new technology comming
 
burningrave101 said:
By the time there is actually a 64-bit OS and 64-bit applications and 64-bit drivers for the hardware there will be EM64T enabled Intel processors at the $150 price point i'm sure.
true...i've heard that some EMT64 chips have seeped into retail
 
The Doc said:
I should clarify my statement. Perhaps not everyone is either hardcore AMD or hardcore Intel; but there are people out there who will only be loyal to one chip manufacture for whatever reason. I build systems based on Intel and AMD chips and I will continue to do so in the future.
point well teken...
 
From my sig:
Athlon 2400+ mobile @ 3700+ speeds

Intel CeleronD 2.4ghz@2.81ghz
Best of both sides :)
 
The Doc said:
^ I didn't think to add one. Typically people are either hardcore Intel or hardcore AMD.

As of now and always I'll be whichever works best for now, it's the "enlightened and intelligent" POV.

~Adam
 
Back
Top