amd venice preview! 2850mhz 1.38v :D

Thanks for taking the time to lets us know. I love the work you guys are doing!

I been following that thread. I thought he got 2.8ghz at 1.4v on an FX cooler?

dry oce or phase change, which is it saaya?! :D :D

(thread for the 3500+ says ice, so that's what i'm going with)
looks good either way though ;)

hey guys, that was just a teaser, the final result pc ice managed to get was 3.1ghz with stock vcore of 1.4v :0

max benchable was 3ghz with stock vcore... and no, the cooling isnot dry ice and not a mach2, its a single stage cooler (one compressor) like the mach2 or vapochill unit, but it uses a biggercompressor and can reach lower temps with more heatload.

he had -40°C load temps, a mach2gt always shows the evap temp, the actual cpu temp is always a lot higher, 10-30°C higher i think.

and if you build one yourself it will cost you 200 or 300$ in parts i think, maybe less :)
pc ice actually builds and sells untis like the one he used there, i dont know for how much though... and atm hes busy building another cascade (multiple compressors) wich reaches -100°C or even -120°C load temps :D again, cpu temps, not the temp of the evap! :D

if your interested in this check out the phase change section, there are many guides and infos. please read a lot and dont stumble in there and ask a bunch of questions that have been answered in stickies and older threads already, thx :D

if you dont wanna build one yourself and just want to buy one ask pc ice or chilly1, they build really nice units for really nice prices, cheaper and more powerfull than a mach2 or vapochill unit... but not as nice looking and without the display and extras... if you just want a good phase change unti then they are the guys to talk to :D

by the way, we will have more results tomorow, higher vcore and later we will also post watercooling and air cooling results :)

Very good work you have there. The more I lurk over at XS the more intresting stuff i find. Especailly the Sapphire board thread and the turion thread and now this :eek: .

But I have the sinking feeling you PC Ice has a VERY good piece of silicon on his hands or that subzero temps are needed to achieve a stable clock at those speeds. Guess we'll find out the later very soon.

if i see 3ghz on air (with a regular basis) im sold.

ill dump this axp and go straight to 939.

check the 3800+ venice preview, steven tested with an fx55 stock heatsink wich looks a lot like the coolermaster hyper 48 ,so a heatpipe heatsink based on copper fins.

and he reached some great results!
as i said, we will test with air and water as well :)

and i dont think the 3500+ is very sweet silicon, the 3800+ venice closk even notably better, so i think the 3500+ is pretty close to the average oc we will see from venice cpus! :0

i just heard that on april 14th san diego will be released (90nm 1mb cache rev E4, venice is rev E3)
at the same day they will probably release the athlon64 4200+ 2.6ghz 1mb cache!
and this instead means that they will release the fx57 2.8ghz 1mb cache soon after that, if not at the same day! :0

whooohoo this is going to be a great summer! new cards from ati and nvidia, atis answer to sli, amd reaching insane clocks on 90nm and already going to 65nm, and intel might release their 65nm pressler even in q3 as well! so we will have a lot of action this year hardware wise :D

Don't forget dual core to boot.

It also looks as if win xp 64 will have native SATA support too!

seems like last summer they were not doing much of anything. in comparison.

who wasnt doing a lot in comparison?

sad update: pc ice hurt his back pretty bad working on one of his cascades and it will take some time before he feels better and can post the air and water results :(

good news: it seems the venice is already in stock in 2 german shops btw! some people already ordered one! :D

:(
poor pc ice

but, the good news is good. hopefully people will get real venice cores soon :D

saaya said:
who wasnt doing a lot in comparison?

sad update: pc ice hurt his back pretty bad working on one of his cascades and it will take some time before he feels better and can post the air and water results :(

good news: it seems the venice is already in stock in 2 german shops btw! some people already ordered one! :D

ati, nvidia, amd and intel

yeah, 2004 was a boring year hardware wise...
only sli and winchester cpus were interesting...

2005 will be much better :D r520 amr dual core chips venice san diego pressler yonah new bh5 :D

update about the results:
the 3500+ does 2.8ghz with stock vcore and watercooling! (asetek waterchill)
too bad is that higher vcore barely seems to help this chip to clock higher though :0 :(

lets all hope that its only this chip that doesnt like higher vcore :/

np :)

i sent a link to some sites but they didnt want to post the news because they will have a venice review soon, so they think less people will read their reviews if they have already seen a preview... wich is complete BS imo :D

btw, nobody asked about pro mhz performence yet ;)
the venice is even faster than the winchester wich is already faster than a newcastle at the same clock :D

Specs:
DFI 939 Ultra
MSI X800XT 520/560
OCZ 3700 2.5-4-4-8 @ 300
All CPUs ran at 300x8 2400MHz

this is an average result!
there was no bad/buggy run :D

a3d034nr.jpg

wow, the limitation of letters per post is really small here lol...
cant wait to get a venice myself or maybe even a san diego! :D
i hope the 3400mb/s imc bug is gone :)

interesting. i wonder if they did some tweaking with the cache. :confused:

and i've never had a limitation with the number of letters, just smilies/pictures ;)

nice.....

dammit, announcement on Monday + 2 weeks for supplies...

I've been saying "I'm going to build a computer now!" for the past 6 months...

preview is up :)

http://www.xtremesystems.org/module...eviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=2&page=2

since there was so little time to test its only 2k1 2k3 and 2k5 results, but nevertheless very interesting. the venice beats the winchester in all tests (0.1-1%) and even beats the clawhammer at the same clockspeed in one test by almost 3%! :0

this is really looking very promising :D
cant wait to get one myself hehe
does anybody know a good benchmark that can make use of sse3?

and about the memory, amd said yes, the cpus will support 4 512mb sticks with 1t at ddr400, but pc ice couldnt get it to work with his sample... could be a bios problem or that the 4 sticks were not from the same manufacturer... who knows.

the amd source who said that was unoficial, so id better wait, maybe it was a misunderstanding... i hope it wasnt, but better dont buy a cpu or memory yet because of some unoficial source said 4 512mb sticks will work with 1t in ddr400...

very intresting indeed but if you compare the numbers they are all very close (all within 200 points or so on the first page) but i suppose that little bit will be magnified if you ran them all at say 2400mhz . Of course the oc'ing is what i was waiting for (now where's my turion?).

Doesn't superpi have an sse3 patch?

DryFire said:
very intresting indeed but if you compare the numbers they are all very close (all within 200 points or so on the first page) but i suppose that little bit will be magnified if you ran them all at say 2400mhz . Of course the oc'ing is what i was waiting for (now where's my turion?).

Doesn't superpi have an sse3 patch?

the thing is its a videocard benchmark and the cpu speed doesnt have a big impact on it, so the results are very promising imo.

(cf)Eclipse said:
video encoding is about the only thing it's useful for.
lol who said that?

Back