Amd vega 8 driver 18.51 install mod

Discussion in 'AMD Flavor' started by zalazin, Jun 22, 2018.

1. zalazin

zalazin [H]ard|Gawd

I just got this file https://ufile.io/zpcmd form HP forums

it is the CUMManifest.xml file that has been modified for the Adrenaline 18.51 package to allow install of the the mobile Vega 8 driver on the HP x360 R 2500u laptop. Just extract the driver package and replace that file in the config folder with the one from the link.. and run setup

I still had to manually install the 18 May driver using the device manager although you may not have to do that.

The driver appears to be completely stable and runs all my games and Vulkan with no problems.. It even enables Freesync

Finally a current driver that works!!!!

MY Final comment WTF couldn't AMD havre done this?......

PS this only works with the 18.51s

Neapolitan6th likes this.
  2. Neapolitan6th

Neapolitan6th Gawd

Thank God for you good person. I have this laptop and I force installed an older version of the Vega driver.

It kind of worked, but their were certainly issues.

Are you able to adjust brightness after putting it in sleep mode? Are you able to open and modify the AMD software suite? (Where you can change resolution, scaling, game settings etc..)

(I couldn't do those things after I force installed)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  3. zalazin

zalazin [H]ard|Gawd

So far yes I can do all you said. The original poster is on the hp forum ryzen 360 crashes post 8 pages if you want to read those posts said he didn't need to manually install the driver, but I had been using an Acer version and I was forced to do a manual device driver install from the INF file in the 18.51 extracted package. I had been trying all different driver packages for this machine. I know how you feel and hope this works as good as it did for me. The original poster in the HP forum should get a medal for this. Please let me know if works ok.....

4. Neapolitan6th

Neapolitan6th Gawd

Will do haha, thanks for passing it along. I'll get the chance to install it next week and update further with my results (I understand the risks involved of course)

5. pendragon1

pendragon1 [H]ardForum Junkie

see I told you to look for a modded driver and again, this is on HP not AMD. you may also want to DDU and reinstall just the modded driver. might fix you stutter prob in you other other other thread...

6. zalazin

zalazin [H]ard|Gawd

And by the way this driver package came from AMD site not HP so much for you telling me to only use the HP driver package....Have a nice day.....

7. pendragon1

pendragon1 [H]ardForum Junkie

yeah and? you took the generic amd one and modded it like I told you you could.

8. zalazin

zalazin [H]ard|Gawd

I did not mod it another user did and posted the link in the HP forums...and I thank him for that, also he is not an HP tech or employee...

While I'm at it If I have insulted anyone out there I apologize. It seems to me that we are a brotherhood of enthusiasts and we should treat each other with respect
    ...and sometimes it is lacking. I will always try to help if possible and try not to offend any of you..have a great weekend to each and every one of us............