AMD Tigris retail availability yet?

commodore

Limp Gawd
Any news of the retail availability of the AMD Tigris/Caspian platform? It was supposed to launch this month.

Am looking forward to picking up a 'budget' notebook with a 17" screen, integrated HD3xxx/4xxx graphics and an dual core Athlon/Turion II 45nm cpu, which makes for great config imo..:D

Only notebook i found was this MSI CR610X which seems to be a prototype.

amd_tigris_notebook_platform_nov08.jpg

who is the button masher in the video? just picking keys to push at random lol. looks like a cool laptop though.

Any news of the retail availability of the AMD Tigris/Caspian platform? It was supposed to launch this month.

Am looking forward to picking up a 'budget' notebook with a 17" screen, integrated HD3xxx/4xxx graphics and an dual core Athlon/Turion II 45nm cpu, which makes for great config imo..:D

Only notebook i found was this MSI CR610X which seems to be a prototype.

Looks like many of the major OEMS are going to time their release with availability of Windows 7 (although from the article, some models will be out in Asia this month.)

"The AMD graphics chip-based "Vision" technology complements Microsoft's upcoming operating system. "Windows 7 supports DirectX 10, Direct X10.1, and Direct X11 for richer 3D detail on games and other media apps," AMD said in a statement, referring to a multimedia programming interface built into Windows 7. As an example, transcoding, in which one video format is converted to another, is done on the graphics processor for faster conversion, AMD said."

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-10349109-64.html

AMD Vision Tech Guide with slides
amdvision1.png

amdvision2.png

amdvision3-1.png

amdvision4.png

amdvision5.png

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,694693/AMD-launches-Vision-program-and-the-new-notebook-platforms-Tigris-and-Goldeye/News/

Looks like many of the major OEMS are going to time their release with availability of Windows 7 (although from the article, some models will be out in Asia this month.)

thanks man .. just got that from the Fud too.

considering that amd is releaseing multiple blogs on the new mobile platforms the interweb is remarkably uninterested

Dunno ..guess the i5 and HD5870 launches grabbed the headlines over Tigris:confused:. I personally think that these notebooks will provide a great vfm

http://www.techreport.com/discussions.x/17567

thanks for starting this thread. was going to buy a laptop this month, but ill wait now. even if it takes till christmas to find the good values, it sounds like right now might not be the best time to buy a laptop... especially a netbook or what i want, a 'near' netbook (12")...

thanks for starting this thread. was going to buy a laptop this month, but ill wait now. even if it takes till christmas to find the good values, it sounds like right now might not be the best time to buy a laptop... especially a netbook or what i want, a 'near' netbook (12")...

Glad to see at least 1 [H]forum member agrees that these notebooks will be good value .. :)

Glad to see at least 1 [H]forum member agrees that these notebooks will be good value .. :)

well we will see, because the early models ive seen are full size 15"+ models. i really want a 12", maybe 13 but no more or less.. this is intriguing though

"AMD expects over 50 designs, and it adds that some of them have already been available in "certain Asian countries" since September 2."

Back