AMD Threadripper Ad

Not gonna lie, AMD marketing makes me laugh. And Threadripper is still a terrible name. Regardless, I'm quite curious to see how it does.

Not gonna lie, AMD marketing makes me laugh. And Threadripper is still a terrible name. Regardless, I'm quite curious to see how it does.
Would have been a touch better if they didn't focus so long on the guitar or at least showed the TR CPU laying to the side or something.

As far as the name I like it. It isn't hard to tell what it means and is a hell of a sight better that say Raven Ridge. It is very memorable and easy to remember and the point is rather easy to get. Thread ripper having 32 threads is definitely ripper-esque compared to what we have been used to, max of 20 on desktop or technically 16 for semi-affordable.

Would have been a touch better if they didn't focus so long on the guitar or at least showed the TR CPU laying to the side or something.

As far as the name I like it. It isn't hard to tell what it means and is a hell of a sight better that say Raven Ridge. It is very memorable and easy to remember and the point is rather easy to get. Thread ripper having 32 threads is definitely ripper-esque compared to what we have been used to, max of 20 on desktop or technically 16 for semi-affordable.

Well Intel just didn't label theirs correctly it should be called Walletripper. But to be honest it was interesting name for a company to choose.

agree it's a terrible name but it's an easy name to remember. i sure has hell wouldn't want to say ryzen 9 or R9 or raven ridge every time. just think if they named it R9 though, how much of a pain in the ass would that be to talk to some one about the i9 and R9 without mixing up the names after a few minutes.

The name just sounds cheesy to me. Maybe HertzBlaster will be the next one.

Since strings on a guitar are but metal threads, usign them in an add for "threadripper" seems a bit off. I hope it performs better than their advertising agency :)

How many AMD advertisements generate threads about their positive and negative points?

I would say this thread itself proves the advertisement has done its job. Whether or not you are buying Threadripper, you are talking about it. Talking about it raises awareness of the company and brand they are trying to sell, and for AMD where alot of people's first thought when asked about computer processors is Intel, having an advertisement that sticks in peoples heads (cheesy or not) might help to raise awareness of their alternative and competitive products.

Not at all a terrible name but, definitely appropriate. This has got to be the first time in a long time that the marketing department seems to be getting something right. Now, this needs to be on TV to really make a difference.

Heard someone refer to it as T*ttyRipper on youtube comment ..now that is all I think of when the name is mentioned .

The video is decent ..am a fan definetely

Kenny

Only thing I would add is a TR CPU in the bottom corner easily read because the first part leaves you wondering what the hell the spot is about.

You could be right but, I never recall seeing an Intel CPU in their ads though.

I can't wait to get this CPU. I already play games and video enc/transcode while gaming. Using Process Lasso beacuse windows sucks at core management. My R7 1700x is already fast as hell. I can't imaging what a Epyc Zeppelin Die with 16 cores/32 threads is going to be like woot woot!

Saving up a lot of pennies, I need a whole system - not just the board and CPU

Not saying much but that is probably best video AMD did this year. Now does it get a message across?

Not saying much but that is probably best video AMD did this year. Now does it get a message across?
Yes it has, because whether you like the ad or not, its got you talking about it - those not in the know will do some googling and may end up making a purchase. Put it this way, do the ad's for coca cola make you buy a coke, or would you buy one anyway?

Back