AMD Super HOT Coupons!!

any news on steppings from todays shipments? I've got one that will be here tomorow so hopefully it will be a whopper ;)

Fedex just delivered a CCBWE 0607 UPBW, ordered from Monarch 4/18. I'm hoping the 2.6 max reached by that guy above was a fluke....

Please OC and post results quickly :)

Really want to buy one of these, but dont want a crappy stepping.

Mine shipped today and I ordered yesterday. It will be here Monday so I will advise everyone of my steppings.

The CCBWE 0607's are garbage :( Both of the chips I received need 1.5v to maintain 2.6ghz in prime. My CCBBE does 2.8 @ 1.35v, 2.6 @ 1.3v.

cre3d said:
The CCBWE 0607's are garbage :( Both of the chips I received need 1.5v to maintain 2.6ghz in prime. My CCBBE does 2.8 @ 1.35v, 2.6 @ 1.3v.
that sucks, I hope monarch had a few ccbbe's or ccb1e's left yesterday when they shipped as I'm sure its just luck of the draw. did anybody get a ccb1e or ccbbe today?

Im seriously biting at the bit...should I buy today, or should I wait? Will they start selling better steppings, or will they get worse the longer I wait?

Fuse said:
Im seriously biting at the bit...should I buy today, or should I wait? Will they start selling better steppings, or will they get worse the longer I wait?

these steppings are already pretty bad, don't think it could get much worse

toddm27 said:
that sucks, I hope monarch had a few ccbbe's or ccb1e's left yesterday when they shipped as I'm sure its just luck of the draw. did anybody get a ccb1e or ccbbe today?

As much as I would like to believe that....I don't think it's luck of the draw at this point.
Seems like they are out of the ccbbe and ccb1e....They probably have a tray or two of the ccbwe chips..

I would say anyone ordering. hold off until it is confirmed that this is the stepping coming out and how it does.

n19htmare said:
As much as I would like to believe that....I don't think it's luck of the draw at this point.
Seems like they are out of the ccbbe and ccb1e....They probably have a tray or two of the ccbwe chips..

I would say anyone ordering. hold off until it is confirmed that this is the stepping coming out and how it does.
you can say that but last week a bunch of chips were 0608's and a few 0551's were showing up here and there, so I'll be optimistic until I get my chip tomorrow. :p

toddm27 said:
you can say that but last week a bunch of chips were 0608's and a few 0551's were showing up here and there, so I'll be optimistic until I get my chip tomorrow. :p

last weeks also have a few 0610's seems like even weeks are doing better then odd weeks

Good

Bad

amd ati FO SHO said:
last weeks also have a few 0610's seems like even weeks are doing better then odd weeks

Good

Bad
quality control left those weeks :p ;)

purchased a 165 instead of 146 today and it shipped otday also will update.

i hope i dont get a gay cpu. if i do i will wish i got a 3800 x2.

edit yes i know it will run at its rated speed but come on guys whats the point of getting an opterown if it sucks?

tvdang7 said:
i hope i dont get a gay cpu. if i do i will wish i got a 3800 x2.

edit yes i know it will run at its rated speed but come on guys whats the point of getting an opterown if it sucks?
None whatsoever, heck Im not happy with less than 3ghz. Ive been through a lot of CPUs.

Im a few clicks away from trying my luck again... just sold my 0607. When you order because you see good steppings shipping they're always gone by the time they ship yours, you have to order while they;re shipping bad ones :S

lol lets hope ur theory is correct for the both of us. so how well did ut 07 clock? and did u manage to sell it for a decent price?

tvdang7 said:
lol lets hope ur theory is correct for the both of us. so how well did ut 07 clock? and did u manage to sell it for a decent price?
Sold it for a slight loss, didnt bother OCing, I wanted a CCB1E.

Yeah, I'm afraid I'll get a bad stepping - and I've got nobody to sell it to, so I'd be stuck cold.

I ordered a 146 yesterday, has anyone ordered one of these lately? what stepping/week was it?

amd ati FO SHO said:
who ever you sold it to, must be having a great time with it

Well not everyone overclocks so to some people the stepping doesn't really matter as long as it runs stock speeds fine.

So far my luck from Monarch has been 0551UPMW, 0543TPMW and 0607UPBW :rolleyes:

None of them could even do 2.8ghz.

EDIT: 1000th post in this thread ;)

OverclockingGuru said:
So far my luck from Monarch has been 0551UPMW, 0543TPMW and 0607UPBW :rolleyes:

None of them could even do 2.8ghz.

EDIT: 1000th post in this thread ;)

those are just horrible steppings :(

Back