AMD Ryzen 16 Core “Whitehaven” Enthusiast CPUs Leaked – 3.6GHz Clock Speed, Boatloads of Cache & Qua

Was thinking of starting this thread. I put these links under another thread. "Raven Ridge spotted........." I don't pump WCCFtech that much here.

I figured this was coming eventually.

I like the Ryzen 7 platform for the most part. It has everything I need at home, the price was great, and the TDP was a nice improvement over the x79 setup it replaced. The only thing I really want is more PCI-E lanes.

If they still price this reasonably for consumers and give it say 36 pci-e lanes. (16 x 2 For Crossfire and 4 for a m2 drive). I'm in.

Please be unlocked...

Please be unlocked...

Please be unlocked...

Please be unlocked...

Please be unlocked...

not able to check links but think it has 64 or was it 48 pci-e lanes. The curious part is 64mb of l3 which I'm guessing is 16mb per instead of 8.

Interesting, though I find it a bit odd that the 16 core has a higher clock speed than the smaller variants because usually the one with more cores will have lower clock speeds to reduce the TDP, but whatever.

This is extremely interesting, and I really hope it's cheaper than Intel's HEDT offerings have been in the past. However, until the virtualization issues on the Ryzen platform are fixed, I can't get very excited for it...

This is extremely interesting, and I really hope it's cheaper than Intel's HEDT offerings have been in the past. However, until the virtualization issues on the Ryzen platform are fixed, I can't get very excited for it...

The pink ESXi screen with Ryzen and Naples?

AMD-Ryzen-VMware-ESXi-6.5.jpg

Hey maybe if it really is a x399 chipset, maybe we get a x390 chipset revision for Ryzen7,5,3, or current platform. x380 anybody?

Edit- Or maybe a x385 with a Vega 11 on mobo with. possible crossfire with raven ridge chip?

Hrrrm 32 threads 40 plus lanes... hope its oveeclockable.
I would assume it would be OCable. If this were a professional grade, or say, server part then likely not. Being this is still consumer grade, then it likely will be unlocked. Wonder how beefy a VRM would need to be for this?

I see I wasn't the only one who thought about posting this. Did you check the other AMD article about Ryzen and the earlier 2016 roadmap? I saw something scary for 16core chip... BGA.

The newest article about the upcoming Intel HEDT chips. They have a comparatively cache compared to the *-Bridge and *-Well chips.

If AMD's have a cache advantage as well it could further help AMD regain some market share.

I see I wasn't the only one who thought about posting this. Did you check the other AMD article about Ryzen and the earlier 2016 roadmap? I saw something scary for 16core chip... BGA.

The newest article about the upcoming Intel HEDT chips. They have a comparatively cache compared to the *-Bridge and *-Well chips.

If AMD's have a cache advantage as well it could further help AMD regain some market share.
Saw that these will be like Intel and the pins are on the board.

if those clocks end up being what they go with then the ultra high end market could get interesting. definitely out of my price range though but i'll enjoy reading the articles.

Entirely redesigned L3 cache. And they have 1MB L2 cache as well, up from 256KB.

Entirely redesigned L3 cache. And they have 1MB L2 cache as well, up from 256KB.

I have seen you posting a few things about AMD lately. I am not at all gloating about it, but have you had a change of heart in any way? I like the new Shintai.

I have seen you posting a few things about AMD lately. I am not at all gloating about it, but have you had a change of heart in any way? I like the new Shintai.

He's probably just being honest, something that can be disturbing if you happen to be a fan of a particular company's products.

The pink ESXi screen with Ryzen and Naples?

AMD-Ryzen-VMware-ESXi-6.5.jpg

Naples is not released yet, are you trying to install ESXi on pre-release hardware and not expect some issues and then post about issues with pre-release hardware on a public forum. That is not cool.

Am I the only one that find suspicious the 64MB of L3 reported in the article? But well those are the same guys that were during months pretending that Naples has half a gigabyte of cache.

Also the TDP is 180W (>200W unofficially).

This is a sensationalist site that publish misleading headlines and/or plain wrong stuff only to get clicks.
That never stopped you from posting anything before ...
Am I the only one that find suspicious the 64MB of L3 reported in the article? But well those are the same guys that were during months pretending that Naples has half a gigabyte of cache.

Also the TDP is 180W (>200W unofficially).

The only thing that is suspicious is that you take the article from wccftech seriously , they usually get things wrong but then again that is a familiar feeling :) .

Also do you have links for your unofficial TDP ?

This is a sensationalist site that publish misleading headlines and/or plain wrong stuff only to get clicks.

Sounds like someone I know that has their own blog where the regularly predict things wrong then revise them on how they were right all along. It's like the Pot meeting the Kettle.

That never stopped you from posting anything before ...

The only thing that is suspicious is that you take the article from wccftech seriously , they usually get things wrong but then again that is a familiar feeling :) .

Also do you have links for your unofficial TDP ?

Other people is taking them seriously; therein my comment about caches.

Unofficial TDP

Sounds like someone I know that has their own blog where the regularly predict things wrong then revise them on how they were right all along. It's like the Pot meeting the Kettle.

It was funny seeing him changing his predictions with each new leak, and even with such freedom most of what he said was wrong.

Last edited:
The rules state that I should post the articles Title, not change it to meet my or anothers wants.
Other people is taking them seriously; therein my comment about caches.

Unofficial TDP

It was funny seeing him changing his predictions with each new leak, and even with such freedom most of what he said was wrong.
Think you missed the part where he akin those actions to your posts.

The rules state that I should post the articles Title, not change it to meet my or anothers wants.

Fair enough. But rules don't prohibit to correct the sensationalist or plain wrong titles in the body of the message. Neither rules prohibit to give such corrections in replies as #4.

In any case, I think it is always better to avoid linking/mentioning anything WCCFTECH related so much as was possible.

Fair enough. But rules don't prohibit to correct the sensationalist or plain wrong titles in the body of the message. Neither rules prohibit to give such corrections in replies as #4.

In any case, I think it is always better to avoid linking/mentioning anything WCCFTECH related so much as was possible.
So is there something wrong in the article? 3.6 instead of 3.1 isn't condemnable.

Back