• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AMD Releases Frame Latency Meter (FLM) Utility through GPUOpen

erek

8=D
2FA
Joined
Dec 19, 2005
Messages
18,243
1721691515605.png

"AMD today released the first public version of FLM, or Frame Latency Meter, a utility that lets you measure the response time of games with mouse movements. The tool targets advanced gamers, power users, and game developers wanting to optimize whole-system latency or reducing input latency. It measures the time it takes for a mouse movement to translate into a new frame on the screen. Options are included to use frame capture codecs such as AMF (optimized for AMD GPUs) or DXGI (any brand of GPUs). The tool generates detailed latency and effective-framerate statistics that can be exported to CSVs for data analysis. A key difference between FLM and NVIDIA LDAT is that it doesn't rely on "muzzle flashes" on the screens to measure latency, which means your measurement data can span any amount of time without worrying about running out of ammo during your test session."

https://www.techpowerup.com/324796/amd-releases-frame-latency-meter-flm-utility-through-gpuopen
 
FYI this is what the Reflex SDK has always let you monitor.

Latency Metrics​

Get real-time latency metrics broken down by game pipeline stage: input, simulation, render submission, graphics driver, render queue, and GPU render. This is useful for debugging and for real-time, in-game overlays.
 
It measures the time it takes for a mouse movement to translate into a new frame on the screen.

Technically, it's measuring the time it takes between the mouse movement and when the frame is sent to the screen. The screen itself then introduces some amount of latency on top of that.
 
It is trivial to use a nicer-looking, more modern font like Segoe UI or Aptos or something.
Oddly enough, was developing some in-house application the other day, and using Segoe UI font by default was messing up text display on some computers, wonky and unexpected. Still a bit unsure what was going on but no time to figure it out, we just used another font.
 
It is trivial to use a nicer-looking, more modern font like Segoe UI or Aptos or something.

Yeah, and get some RGB bling bling in there too, maybe a sign-in prompt and some scrolling tiktok videos on the side so zoomers with the attention span of a goldfish can be entertained while they forget what they opened the program for.
 
Yeah, and get some RGB bling bling in there too, maybe a sign-in prompt and some scrolling tiktok videos on the side so zoomers with the attention span of a goldfish can be entertained while they forget what they opened the program for.
Dude, I deliberately picked relatively-bland fonts. Aptos is what Word used by default when I opened it right before writing the post. IIRC Segoe UI was their font for office 2007 or 2010.

You're thinking of Comic Papyrus.
 
Dude, I deliberately picked relatively-bland fonts. Aptos is what Word used by default when I opened it right before writing the post. IIRC Segoe UI was their font for office 2007 or 2010.

You're thinking of Comic Papyrus.

I'm not thinking of any font, honestly. My thought was I don't care what font it uses if it gives me the information I want.
 
I'm not thinking of any font, honestly. My thought was I don't care what font it uses if it gives me the information I want.
Got it! For you, a nice green-on-black VT100 fixed-width. :)

Personally, I disliked that MS DLG font even all the way back in the 90s. It's just ugly and graceless.
 
Back
Top