AMD Releases AGESA ComboAM4 1.0.0.5 Microcode

KarateBob

Gawd
AMD Releases AGESA ComboAM4 1.0.0.5 Microcode
AMD formally announced its AGESA ComboAM4 1.0.0.5 microcode. The new microcode is intended to be encapsulated into motherboard UEFI firmware updates and distributed by motherboard- and OEM desktop manufacturers, at their discretion. AGESA 1.0.0.5 improves POST (time) with select Micron Technology DDR4-3200 memory chips. An intermittent virtual memory error with certain Realtek onboard Ethernet PHY chips has been fixed. The microcode also improves PCI-Express bus stability and interoperability, in general. A PCIe lane configuration issue with Ryzen 3 Pro 2100GE has been fixed. Besides these, all other performance- and stability-improvements part of older 1.0.0.4 a/ab/abb/abba microcodes are incorporated into 1.0.0.5. Keep an eye on the BIOS updates section of your socket AM4 motherboard's product page on its company website.
1.0.0.5 AGESA official! Hopefully motherboard makers integrate the updated AGESA into their BIOS quickly. Think this will have bugs like the 1.0.0.4 did when it came out?

An actual set of patch notes would be great..... I am hesitant of this, my system has issues but they are ones that I have learned to live with or work around. Does this fix them, does it address them at all? Will it break something new? I don’t know yet...

Back