AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1 Release Notes

For anyone still having issues with Afterburner not working with the ReLive driver. I had to use "Official overclocking mode"
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=411547

This allowed me to set my 390x clocks. The only issue I have is my clocks might fluctuate a little if my GPU usage goes down. Kind of annoying.

FEBOD26.jpg

Set it to Disabled.

Last edited:
I am getting crashes now with new driver. But BF1 runs so much better. Not sure I want to go back. haha

I am getting crashes now with new driver. But BF1 runs so much better. Not sure I want to go back. haha
Ive had two crashes since saying it was good on wed, both have been while just watching yt vids. the first one was not a full crash but the display became all grey and garbled. the second time it rebooted the system while a vid was playing. but its only happened twice and I am OCing so idk.

Ive had two crashes since saying it was good on wed, both have been while just watching yt vids. the first one was not a full crash but the display became all grey and garbled. the second time it rebooted the system while a vid was playing. but its only happened twice and I am OCing so idk.

Read this, specifically the part on RTSS.

The AMD How To Thread

For anyone still having issues with Afterburner not working with the ReLive driver. I had to use "Official overclocking mode"
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=411547

This allowed me to set my 390x clocks. The only issue I have is my clocks might fluctuate a little if my GPU usage goes down. Kind of annoying.

Set it to Disabled.

You should always be using the official method imo.

Reactions: c3k
like this
never knew about that and have never had an issue before this but ill try it. thnx!

I did that and haven't had any issues since and the flickering I got in webpages and some online video is gone too. thnx again!

Nods. In my guesstimate something like 99% of the flicker/desktop corruption is hw accel. And most ppl don't even realize it which is the kicker. I should repost that here so I can stop linking to ocn.

yeah ive had the flickering horizontal line problem come and go since last fall. it was pretty bad in these drivers but I usually could get it to stop just by changing AB profiles. this was the first time ive every had it crash like it did, ie non-oc related.

yeah ive had the flickering horizontal line problem come and go since last fall. it was pretty bad in these drivers but I usually could get it to stop just by changing AB profiles. this was the first time ive every had it crash like it did, ie non-oc related.

Yea, your gpu got caught in an non-ideal powerstate. AMD... instead of fixing this, they threw in MOAR powerstates lol. They didn't get the memo that gpgpu is cool in theory but not on the desktop. Who wants their gpu hammered why idling along while browsing in website? It's an odd conflict between the gpu can do everything movement and the reality of having to use said gpu. That's where RTSS comes in, and it allows the user to control just exactly what is allowed gpu accel and not allowed.

I'm sure that's exactly what it was and more directly the vram voltage as that is always what caused my flicker.

Was getting hard locks in BF1, Fallout 4 and overwatch. Basically all the games I play. I did a fresh win 10 install because I was due anyway. Still had crashes after the clean install. So I went back to 16.11.2. No biggy.

So I had an issue with the new driver, and apparently I'm not alone. There is a problem with this driver if you are on Wifi (doesn't affect users who are connected via ethernet). The issue is that the driver causes massive latency spikes periodically. I noticed this after I updated the drivers but didn't think it would be related to the drivers since I didn't change anything with my Wifi card or internet or anything. However, it turns out the ReLive drivers are at fault, and it has something to do with the streaming functionality built in.
https://community.amd.com/thread/209021

I found this thread that has a workaround which fixed the problem:

Basically if you remove or rename the folder "C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Bearer" it will fix this problem, but will disable the streaming functionality. I never stream so it doesn't matter to me. If anyone else is having this problem you might want to try this fix. An alternative is to uninstall the ReLive drivers and re-install them without installing the ReLive stuff.

So I had an issue with the new driver, and apparently I'm not alone. There is a problem with this driver if you are on Wifi (doesn't affect users who are connected via ethernet). The issue is that the driver causes massive latency spikes periodically. I noticed this after I updated the drivers but didn't think it would be related to the drivers since I didn't change anything with my Wifi card or internet or anything. However, it turns out the ReLive drivers are at fault, and it has something to do with the streaming functionality built in.
https://community.amd.com/thread/209021

I found this thread that has a workaround which fixed the problem:

Basically if you remove or rename the folder "C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Bearer" it will fix this problem, but will disable the streaming functionality. I never stream so it doesn't matter to me. If anyone else is having this problem you might want to try this fix. An alternative is to uninstall the ReLive drivers and re-install them without installing the ReLive stuff.
May be worth creating its own topic, some others may get caught out by this, unusual problem but thankfully for nearly everyone a pretty easy workaround to use until fixed.
No point me doing it as some have me on ignore.
Cheers

Last edited:
yup might want to make your own thread and also try the new 16.12.2, see if that helps.

Back