AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.3

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD has released brand new Crimson Edition 16.5.3 drivers for all you Radeon owners out there. According to AMD, these drivers offer support for Overwatch, Total War: Warhammer and Dota 2 (with Vulkan API). The new drivers also have CrossFire profiles for Overwatch and Total War: Warhammer. Also fixed in this driver release:

• Fallout 4™ may experience minor stuttering in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode
  • Radeon Settings may be removed from the system if the Radeon Software installer is launched while Radeon Settings is open.
  • Radeon Settings "Additional Settings" option may intermittently fail to launch.
  • Users in Quad AMD Crossfire technology configurations may be unable to re-enable AMD Crossfire mode when using the global AMD Crossfire option in the "Gaming" tab and toggling it from on to off.
  • Some game textures in The Division™ exhibit flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
  • Intermittent stability issues with Intel Skull Canyon NUC (NUC6i7KYK) using AMD XConnect™ Technology are no longer observed.
  • Safe unplugging for AMD XConnect™ Technology no longer results in a random BSOD.

I love the new pace of driver releases. Still sad to see no crossfire for DooM.

I think ID is working on a SLI patch for Doom, nothing about CFX. Will Vulkan allow CFX? Anyways with streaming textures and a lot of data flow it may be difficult for it to work on CFX or SLI. If AMD can use dynamic ram for the streaming textures I wonder if that will work. The game flys as it is but I can see for those wanting 1440p 144hz using two cards.

Doom runs perfectly well on my 295x2 I didnt even notice there was no crossfire profile

Overwatch crashes for me within seconds of the second GPU spinning up. I ended up playing in 4k medium with render scale at 100 last night with 1 r9 290. Didn't have time to troubleshoot with friends waiting on me to play. Still very playable with the 1 GPU.

DOTA 2 on Vulkan plays extremely smoothly. Maybe a tad bit more responsive too, which is extremely important in MOBA games.

"minor suttering"

There is nothing minor about stuttering, nice doublespeak though.

Still sad to see no crossfire for DooM.

I normally don't mind too much when Crossfire isn't supported, but I'm getting around 35-40fps with a bunch of drops to 25fps. Medium/low details @3440x1440, and I even have a few settings turned completely off. The early beta of this game played great on AMD cards, but then nVidia got involved in its development.

these drivers run much better than the last two releases at least on my system.

Got a chance to play some Warhammer in Crossfire and both cards are running at 100%, impressive! :cool:

Back