AMD Radeon RX VEGA 64 Limited Edition Below MSRP and In Stock

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
The Limited Edition RX Vega 64 has an MSRP that was $100 over the "basic" edition card to begin with, but this is the first time I have seen the RX Vega 64 LE selling for less than $599...and actually be in stock. This one also comes with Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus and Prey. Get it while the gettin's good! Latest 4K review here. Thanks cageymaru.

Just my luck. Vega goes in stock, the FreeSync monitor gets OUT of stock...

Just a headsup but they don't mention free games in the description anymore - even though it's still marked up price over MSRP ($569.99 vs 499)

Nice to see. Now if we can get the same thing with Vega 56 - that's the one I might actually be able to afford.

Just a headsup but they don't mention free games in the description anymore - even though it's still marked up price over MSRP ($569.99 vs 499)

This is the $100 extra Limited Edition version with the silver chassis. :)

Vega 56's are in stock, but at $459-$469.
is that with or without pack-in games? I paid $519 for my 56 with 2 games - since I was under time constraints and it was the best price I could find at the time. Glad to see prices coming down though.

man Vega 56 are still 100-200 above msrp in canada.

fuck all the retailers, even if you convert for the dollar its still $100+ over what they are selling in the US.

guess i'll keep running with the 290x. Can't encourage this bullshit

I CALL SHENS! but at least its getting better?!

Last edited:
Stop spreading misinformation. This is the LE. $599 MSRP at Launch.

upload_2017-10-17_10-12-54.png

You are incorrect.

$570 - 50 - 40 = $480 Vega 64

zK3qvWh.png

With multiple models of the GTX 1080 selling for 499, I was wondering when VEGA prices were going to come back down to earth. If both cards were 499 across the board at least VEGA would have an easier sell (for gamers). At least this is good news, whether it be better availability of VEGA or actual price reductions.

With multiple models of the GTX 1080 selling for 499, I was wondering when VEGA prices were going to come back down to earth. If both cards were 499 across the board at least VEGA would have an easier sell (for gamers). At least this is good news, whether it be better availability of VEGA or actual price reductions.

Hell, at least now freesync is a viable plus. At $700, Vega 64+freesync absolutely was not as good as a 1080ti and <whatever monitor you cared to pair with it>. Now there's at least an appreciable price difference between the two and the 1080 is missing a feature the Vega 64 has at nearly the same price point.

is that with or without pack-in games? I paid $519 for my 56 with 2 games - since I was under time constraints and it was the best price I could find at the time. Glad to see prices coming down though.

Nope. Only the Vega 64's have the pack-in games. There are a few models that have the 2 games + card for $569. All the V56 cards are standalone.

Aw my bad. Old man eyeballs. I totally missed the sub-title (in red no less) that says free games!

I almost pulled the trigger on this, i wanted one really bad -- but instead got a MSI 1080 Duke with shadow of war for $509. Besides i dont want to make my other 6 1080s jealous

If my Ncase only had a bigger power supply, I'd get a 64. I don't think my 600w will be able to run the 64 at full tilt!

Hell, at least now freesync is a viable plus. At $700, Vega 64+freesync absolutely was not as good as a 1080ti and <whatever monitor you cared to pair with it>. Now there's at least an appreciable price difference between the two and the 1080 is missing a feature the Vega 64 has at nearly the same price point.

At the moment the only upgrade that makes sense to me that anyone would go for is the leap to 4k. Unless you are new to pc gaming or just run a high refresh panel, I really wouldn't want to game at 4k unless I had a 1080ti. I've tried it with a few cards myself in builds I've put together for people and it just isn't close. The sacrifices you have to make with every card is really drastic to make playable 4k numbers. I have a spare box with a 970 that plays everything completely maxed out at 1080. I have yet to play a game I can't get decent enough frame rates in cranked up on it. I'm not saying you can't run a 1080 or vega at 4k and enjoy it, the difference just seems so substantial at that level with a 1080ti that for the investment, why wouldn't you just buy the right card for your needs? Most people that buy halo products aren't going to run it for 5+ years anyways so the stopgap of a 600$ vega just seems ludicrous to me for 4k. I also still run a FW-900 CRT for my main gaming monitor so Refresh rates and the like have always been moot points for me since I loathe lcd tech.

honestly Ive been tempted before and i have this terrible bone itching to upgrade all the things i'm going to wait to see what my cake month of February brings me :D

With getting this card for ~$480 (after selling game codes) it should be worth it to buy the EK waterblock for it. Don't even need a backplate as the stock one is pretty hott.

At the moment the only upgrade that makes sense to me that anyone would go for is the leap to 4k. Unless you are new to pc gaming or just run a high refresh panel, I really wouldn't want to game at 4k unless I had a 1080ti. I've tried it with a few cards myself in builds I've put together for people and it just isn't close. The sacrifices you have to make with every card is really drastic to make playable 4k numbers. I have a spare box with a 970 that plays everything completely maxed out at 1080. I have yet to play a game I can't get decent enough frame rates in cranked up on it. I'm not saying you can't run a 1080 or vega at 4k and enjoy it, the difference just seems so substantial at that level with a 1080ti that for the investment, why wouldn't you just buy the right card for your needs? Most people that buy halo products aren't going to run it for 5+ years anyways so the stopgap of a 600$ vega just seems ludicrous to me for 4k. I also still run a FW-900 CRT for my main gaming monitor so Refresh rates and the like have always been moot points for me since I loathe lcd tech.

Depends on what you play and format it supports. I've pretty muched become hooked on 21:9 1440p. I definitely prefer it to 4k. At that stage, regular 1080 and V64 work pretty well.

The point I was trying to make is that V64 seems to be coming down to where it was supposed to be. Price parity to the 1080, not the 1080ti. At that point, it is worth consodering at least.

Depends on what you play and format it supports. I've pretty muched become hooked on 21:9 1440p. I definitely prefer it to 4k. At that stage, regular 1080 and V64 work pretty well.

The point I was trying to make is that V64 seems to be coming down to where it was supposed to be. Price parity to the 1080, not the 1080ti. At that point, it is worth consodering at least.

Considering that the news said Gddr prices were increasing in October, I'm really surprised that prices have come down across the board.

Back