• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AMD Radeon RX 460 numbers

cageymaru

Fully [H]
2FA
Joined
Apr 10, 2003
Messages
23,532
AMD Radeon RX 460 numbers.
AMD Radeon RX 460 Gets Single and Crossfire 3DMark 11 Benchmarks - The Super Affordable 'Budget Gaming' Graphics Card

Low end has a new champion it seems.

RX-460-3D-Mark-11.png



RX-460-CrossFire-3DMark-11.png
 
The crossfire score is a pretty bad value. You'd be better off with a 470 ;). But single-card beats a 750 TI which is currently low-end champ.
 
The crossfire score is a pretty bad value. You'd be better off with a 470 ;). But single-card beats a 750 TI which is currently low-end champ.
Well, if a single rx460 was not beating a single r7 360, it would be a fail of epic proportions in SKU naming.
 
The crossfire score is a pretty bad value. You'd be better off with a 470 ;). But single-card beats a 750 TI which is currently low-end champ.

I'd argue that it now has to beat the GTX 950, which also has a version out that runs on PCI-E power only.

Well, if a single rx460 was not beating a single r7 360, it would be a fail of epic proportions in SKU naming.

AMD messed this up a little with the low-end of the 300 series. I don't recall exactly, but I think the 265 was rebadged as the 370.
 
I'd argue that it now has to beat the GTX 950, which also has a version out that runs on PCI-E power only.



AMD messed this up a little with the low-end of the 300 series. I don't recall exactly, but I think the 265 was rebadged as the 370.

The mini 950 needs a price drop then. It's msrp is still sitting at $150, while the 460 starts at $100.
 
The mini 950 needs a price drop then. It's msrp is still sitting at $150, while the 460 starts at $100.

Sorry, I may have misunderstood Quix's post. I was going off performance and failed to consider price bracket. You're correct. Still, I do expect the 460 to compete with the 950 in performance. The first Polaris GPU shown off was matching a 950 in performance while running at an alleged 40-45W. This was either a 460, or a grossly underpowered and underclocked P10 engineering sample.
 
i would say theres a market for people just wanting to use extra displays hooked up or just needing a low powered card for whatever.....and in those cases amd did not have a competitive card at all. I think AMD is finally getting their act together;)...as to weather people will choose it over a 60 dollar 750 is a good question.
 
I don't game much these days, what little I do is usually on an old 720p monitor or my 1080p projector. While the games I play most often are older and well suited to my 6570 it's just too slow to run the few newer games I like. As these are easy to run titles, Trine 2, Alien Isolation, bioshock infinite etc a sub-100 dollar card like the 460, that's got better performance than a radeon 7850 would be an easy shoe in as my next card.
 
I brought up form factor the other day but the post got no attention.

if AMD can fit the 460 into a low profile design, they will have the fastest low-profile card on the market, and imo would get a lot of people to upgrade their HTPCs or Office PCs. The 750ti and 250 were the last low profile cards released, and are 2+ generations old at this point.
 
Combine the 460 with a Zen APU and some better multi gpu usage could make for a rather low cost but worthwhile gaming machine. Also dual graphics P11 and Zen APU for the mobile market will be interesting.
 
Back
Top