AMD Radeon R8 M350DX

So it would be more like an R9 gpu then with similar specs. what do you think of the laptop?

Think it it worth 624.00

yeah looks to be good depends on what you need it for, I should be good all around, gaming too, nothing too serious but can get by.

I primarily game. getting diablo 3 reaper of souls and guilds wars 2 heart of thorns for Christmas. Possibly Dragon Age inquisition too.

getting a USB vinyl record player too. the 1 TB drive will come in handy recording my music to the laptop

dragon age might be an issue on that laptop the other two should be ok

oh yeah this one the first one ya linked is much better its worth the 200 bucks.

look im an amd fan...but amd cpu's especially the mobile ones are extremely under powered....get a decent Intel cpu version cause its worth the extra money

this cpu isn't that bad its around a low end ivy bridge (i-3)

AMD competes just fine on the lower end to lower mid range of the spectrum. If he needs something that really needs CPU like cad or something like CAD or 3d software, yeah I would totally agree with you but the games he listed it should do just fine.

well considering he will only get about 30fps in Diablo III at 1080p......i guess the cpu wont really show as the bottleneck anyways. i bought my kid a laptop for Christmas couple years back with an amd cpu and 7970m and wow the cpu bottlenecked the gpu pretty bad....more than i figured possible:)

I got my new Asus yesterday. I just turned it on this morning. It is very quiet.

It has dual graphics but when I run GPU-Z It is only detecting the R7

on the APU. How can I get the other to be detected.

play around in the amd control panel....set everything to highest performance instead of power saving? probably just normal power saving if i had to guess. How does it perform?:)

I updated the gpu drivers. It is now the Crimson software.
The primary graphics chipset is AMD Radeon R7 Graphics.
Memory Clock
667 MHz
Memory Size
1024 MB
Core Clock
720 MHz
BIOS Part Number
113-C75100-027
BIOS Date
2015/06/25 15:30

The linked chipset is the AMD Radeon R5 M330 PCI express 3.0 Memory size 2Gb
Memory Clock
900 MHz
Core Clock
1030 MHz
BIOS Part Number
xxx-xxx-xxx
BIOS Date
2015/08/21 04:12
Current Bus Settings
PCI Express 3.0 x8

CPU Type
AMD FX-8800P Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G

Diablo 3 plays well. Don't know what the frame rate is.

Why would all the documentation say it its an Radeon R8 M350 DX 2GB graphics card though.

Why would all the documentation say it its an Radeon R8 M350 DX 2GB graphics card though.

AMD gives specific names to dual graphics combos and then doesn't publish what they actually mean. Thanks for the info though :)

Well this gpu combo could be specific to that particular laptop or OEM, so the naming convention could be different for them, IHV's do this from time to time.

or run firestrike if possible....just curious how it measures up or what it says about the laptops hardware

GPU-Z shows the GPU name as Mars if that helps. the official release date it says
Jan 2013

if that helps

Back