AMD Radeon Nano Reviews Moving Forward

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
While we have been waiting for all the Nano controversy to quiet down, we have been getting ready to do our Nano reviews. We are going to break these into two separate reviews from two different points of view. The first will be from a footprint standpoint which will use a Cooler Master Elite 110 which does not accommodate a lot of larger video cards, which are not price competitive with the Nano. The second review will take place in a Corsair Obsidian 250D, which will accommodate larger video cards that are price competitive with Nano. We are hoping this will give a better overall view of what the Nano video card is all about.

Here are pics from our Cooler Master Elite 110 build. We are using an MSI MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC Motherboard with an Intel Core i7-6700K processor. Our final clocks have not been determined yet, but should be above 4.2GHz.

Last edited:
Good to see [H] reviewing the Nano they way AMD sees the target market utilizing it. Performance, noise and temperature/cooling in tight spaces is what we all want to know about this card.

Good idea reviewing the Nano in different case types!

Look forward to [H]'s thorough and HONEST review as always.

Cool. I had begun to wonder what ever happened to the Nano review plans.

Yar, I thought it was going to be put on the backburner too.

Still, nice to see [H] going about their review in a very detailed way that's designed to show the Nano in its product niche.

Looking forward to it!

I know Kyle "has a choice" on what to do..but if he wants to eliminate the largest "what if" argument that the Nano has...he had to do it. Glad he is though. :)

If I was AMD though...I would be nervous.. If this flops..what argument does the nano have..."oh, this is an awesome product...if you only use it @ 50% of its ability".

It's only a matter of time before the next-gen cards come out anyway. Nano was never more than a quick fix to tide over the market until they can launch their next cards.

Looking forward to [H]s results.

It's only a matter of time before the next-gen cards come out anyway. Nano was never more than a quick fix to tide over the market until they can launch their next cards.

?
Thats the case for every single card release.

These things go through alot of testing and time. Prior to me receiving hardware Kyle had to pick each component carefully, make sure it all fits, test it together and run stability tests to make sure it just works for me first time. Then I receive all the hardware components, and build the system, install software and make sure its working well, see how clock speed and thermals are, and then begin testing. So far I have found interesting results as it pertains to GPU clock speed in this Elite 110 build. This will be a fun and exciting review, so stay tuned.

Cool,

looking forward to the reviews.

I wonder how limited the release is going to be for the Nano?

It'd be interesting to see their entire next gen line being sized at a Nano, that'd be a much better change.

Even if their entire line of cards was "sub par" performance, if they had a Nano sized version of each level of performance, that would work really well. right?

Nano - DOA - seems less likely, but that price is still massive.....

That seems way too thoughtful/fair for the pro-nvidia [H] staff. Right AMD crazies?

/sarcasm

Just finished the Nano review, should be up soon, stay tuned.

If you want a really good read, prepare yourself for 15 pages of awesome sauce.

[H] does Nano, and we do it [H]

I hope you used the special sauce.....:D
Been looking forward to this review since it was mentioned.
I'm sure it was quite a bit of work.

Yas. Now if only we could hear AMD Roy's response once this review goes live heh heh.

Can't wait for the overclock results ;)

These things go through alot of testing and time. Prior to me receiving hardware Kyle had to pick each component carefully, make sure it all fits, test it together and run stability tests to make sure it just works for me first time. Then I receive all the hardware components, and build the system, install software and make sure its working well, see how clock speed and thermals are, and then begin testing. So far I have found interesting results as it pertains to GPU clock speed in this Elite 110 build. This will be a fun and exciting review, so stay tuned.

TechReport hasn't done their Nano review yet either, and Jayztwocents sent them his T&E card 2 months ago.

Is the Nano review going to be up today after 12 est?

Not sure if anyone has asked this yet, but... why that PSU? Isn't it kind of a crappy PSU? I mean that's a Corsair CS550M, right? I thought those didn't test particularly well...

Not sure if anyone has asked this yet, but... why that PSU? Isn't it kind of a crappy PSU? I mean that's a Corsair CS550M, right? I thought those didn't test particularly well...

It passed their test, and I am pretty sure they have said that if it passes their testing then it is dependable at least.

Paul said

To start things off, I have to say, there is nothing wrong with the way the Corsair CS550M performs per the specifications

so basically I am guessing that is what they had lying around which would fit in the case.

Back