Athlon X2 5600+ 	 102 	 88
Athlon X2 5400+ 	 87 	 78
Athlon X2 5200+ 	 76 	 68

There are a few new CPUs as well:

* Phenom X4 9950 Black Edition 125W - $186
* Phenom X3 8750 Black Edition 95W - $139
* Athlon X2 6500 Black Edition 95W - $105
* Athlon X2 5050e 45W - $90

Wow, at $186 the 9950 Black Edition is a hell of a bargain.

The 6500 x2 based off the phenom with unlocked multipliers for $105 is verrrrrry tempting if it overclocks well.

Great prices, but at the same time, it's sad.

AMD's top-of-the-line quad is cheaper than Intel's bottom-barrel Q6600.

I beg to differ the top of the line is Barcelona Opterons ! there not $186 bucks!

I think this means something new is coming:p

Yeah me too,,, there cleaning out the New to bring in the Newest;) They lower price = faster inventory depletion = faster we see 45nm.:D

Desktop 45nm chips are not due out until the end of the year (volume early next year), according to AMD itself last month. It's just another round of AMD's remaining weapon: scissors to cut prices to try and remain competitive on that front since performance is still out of reach.

Read it again:

* Athlon X2 6500 Black Edition 95W - $105

What exactly is your point? Rebranding a Phenom as an Athlon is no different from AMD's long-standing practice of rebranding Athlons as Semprons.

Yeah, Xbitlabs is saying that the X2 6500 is a K10 @ 2.3GHz: http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/di...Planned_for_September_Launch_Say_Sources.html

Hilarious for 2 reasons: 1) the TDP is terrible (implies a 4 core die with 2 cores disabled from the bottom of the unsaleable bin pit) and 2) this is exactly what AMD denied a few months ago, basically calling everyone suggesting AMD would sell K10s with 2 cores disabled liars.

The CPUs are apparently already shipping in Europe.

edit: fixed bad spelling and clock speed.

AMD sold X2 manchesters with 1 core disabled as single cores, and IIRC they tended to overclock a lot better than normal single core chips. Some theorized that the extra unpowered chip area helped dissipate heat maybe? Might see similar good overclocking results with the x2 6500? Of course, I'm just talking out my arse here.

What exactly is your point? Rebranding a Phenom as an Athlon is no different from AMD's long-standing practice of rebranding Athlons as Semprons.

Yeah, I was wrong. Xbitlabs changed their story yesterday.

When do these go in effect? I am still seeing the 6000X2 for 112 at the egg..

This is a good reason to buy a 9950 for me.
I had bought a 9600 when they were first released and needless to say I was very disappointed.
But Ive heard that the 9850 and 9950 were an improvement.
And I already have a am2+ motherboard.

I don't know if I'm going nuts but I just bought an Asus M3A78-EM motherboard and an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ kind of hoping it would be better than my socket 939 Athlon 4000+ (2.4 GHz with 1MB L2 cache) and ATI X1650XT for playing Blu-Ray or HD (1080p).

I also bought a cheap-ass Gigabyte GZ-X3 case and I'm going to use a Fortron Blue Storm II 500 watt that I'm taking out of another machine to install a Corsair. It wonder if my cheap machine will outstrip my two other ones. lol
Funny thing, I found a Pioneer DVR-215 DVD-RW on a site that was difficult to navigate.

It's so tempting at that price, but the 140w spec just kills me. argg

/waits for 45nm to upgrade.. hopefully something fast comes along at 125w or lower.

maybe I can get rid of some of my other stuff, just can't see spending more when my current is good enough for 95% everything.

maybe I can get rid of some of my other stuff, just can't see spending more when my current is good enough for 95% everything.
Nothing wrong with that. Why upgrade if you don't need to?

I finally finished setting up my Phenom 9600 system last week with a permanent set of hardware and OS. Once I disabled the TLB fix and installed the AMD PowerNow patch, it's pretty zippy for a budget system and uses a reasonable amount of power (system idles around 80W). I can't overclock the system or use VMWare reliably :(, but it's fine otherwise.

Nothing wrong with that. Why upgrade if you don't need to?

I finally finished setting up my Phenom 9600 system last week with a permanent set of hardware and OS. Once I disabled the TLB fix and installed the AMD PowerNow patch, it's pretty zippy for a budget system and uses a reasonable amount of power (system idles around 80W). I can't overclock the system or use VMWare reliably :(, but it's fine otherwise.

because it hurts in the other 5%, also my motherboard manafacture for reasons unknown decided that I didn't need the ability to disable the TLB patch. I have to do it in software. short of hacking the bois (going to an earlier version is not an option) I am never again getting a DFI board. It would be nice not to have to mess with it. and My OC pretty well sucks in vista 64.

BTW VM ware will run fine so long as the patch is applied.

The speed decrease in everything is very noticeable that way. :-/ I decided to load up a BE-2400 system with memory and use that as my VM Ware system instead.

I'm using a RW Everything script to disable the TLB patch. My cheap motherboard doesn't have the option to disable the TLB patch in CMOS setup either. The Windows based way doesn't really bother me. It's set as a task when I log in so it automatically gets reapplied after any events that may disable it (hibernation, etc). It's applied very quickly. The title flashes for 1/2 a second and it's done.

For some strange reason the PhenomTLB 1.04 and 1.05 programs won't work on that board, which is why I use RW Everything. I still need to append the script to bump the NB to 2GHz. The AMD BIOS guide is a mess.

it doesn't help that AOD is unstable on vista 64. I will give a couple of the other programs a try.

because it hurts in the other 5%, also my motherboard manafacture for reasons unknown decided that I didn't need the ability to disable the TLB patch. I have to do it in software. short of hacking the bois (going to an earlier version is not an option) I am never again getting a DFI board. It would be nice not to have to mess with it. and My OC pretty well sucks in vista 64.

I have a lp ut 790fx-m2r and with the most recent bios I can disable the tlb patch.

Back