AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black - Suggest a Mobo for unlocking?

I would go with a Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P for a mobo, for a graphics card look for any of the 5770s, brand of your choice. They perform about as good as a 4870, however they also have dx11/eyefinity support.

as long as the motherboard has a SB710 or SB750 southbridge then you have the possibility to unlock it.. id suggest either the 770 chipset boards or the 785G boards.. they are the cheapest cost wise but are just as good as the high end boards like the 790x and 790GX..

as far as success.. its not really the board.. it has more to do with the processor.. its hit and miss if you get a x2 550 that can unlock.. since they were released on the market its gotten harder and harder to find x2 550's that can unlock.. also some motherboard manufactures have removed the ability to unlock cores but not all have..

i'd have to agree with a gigabyte 785g, or asus..both good board manufactures and 785g boards are just plain out awesome, great overclocking even great onboard video for HTPC's

Any mobo with a 790* northbridge, and sb750 southbridge, will do.

Also, I think the 780/785G+sb710 mobos can unlock as well. These mobo's are extremely cheap, they just lack raid and cannot support more than 2 pcie8 or 1 pcie16 slots.

I also like Gigabyte boards, I use the ma790gp-ud4h (790gx/sb750) ddr2 mobo. My ddr2 sandra/everest scores rival some peoples ddr3, and match any kind of ddr3 on a core2* platform.

Last edited:
Back