• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AMD Opteron 165 CCBBE0610DPMW

Those were some badass CPUs, back in the day. Someone'll probably snatch it up for a nostalgia rig. :)
 
hey maxius....there were several of us that bought the opty around the same time, my buddy in south carolina still is running his..
yes, it was a great cpu. I have always tried for that kind of extended play. last one was e8400 that lasted a long time, now this latest i5 3570k seems to fit the bill once again! paying for kids college is expensive, so dad needs to be wise with his money! hehe
 
Yeah, this would make a nice CPU for a S939 vintage machine with a Voodoo card to run Glide games, add in an Aureal sound card and you're good to go! :p :D
 
haha, it isn't quite that ancient!
but i did love those days, my first 4 meg (not gig kids) voodoo card that made
quake gl come to life was an amazing time!
 
relisted with price drop

CCBBE0610DPMW was one of the steppings producing best results, google it!
 
Last edited:
s[H]aqFU;1039531384 said:
haha, it isn't quite that ancient!
but i did love those days, my first 4 meg (not gig kids) voodoo card that made
quake gl come to life was an amazing time!

I bought one of those 4 meg voodoo for 250
it was unreal what it did for quake...................
 
It was expected for it to be hard to be sold.

I have some old shit like that and I'm not bothering to put them on sale like some old very low P4's because they aren't even worth bothering to sell given that I wouldn't get any significant money from one and that keeping them on eBay would eventually exceed the cost of the chip itself...
 
dont bring me down Johnny,,,,haha...that would make a nice start for someones kids system.
 
i have had a few messages of people wanting it for 9,99 shipped,.
poor lonely opty!
 
Well to be fair it's quite old, but still it kicked ass in it's day :).
 
Bah dammit, I'd have bought it if I'd seen this thread while the auction was still up >.<
 
Back
Top