AMD Never Settle Reloaded game bundle

Lorien

Supreme [H]ardness
Pretty freaking awesome bundle
http://www.falcon-nw.com/promo/amd-reloaded
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6724/amd-announces-new-winter-video-game-bundle-never-settle-reloaded

54232585.jpg

Buy 7800 series: Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider
Buy 7900 series: Bioshock Infinite, Crysis 3
neversettle1575px.jpg

Buy 2x7900 or 1x7990: Crysis 3 Tomb Raider Bioshock Infinite Far Cry 3 Hitman Absolution Sleeping Dogs
neversettle2575px.jpg

Redeem coupons here: http://www.amd.com/neversettlereloadedoffer
Site does not go live until Monday when the bundle is officially announced :D

bioshockin.jpg

tombraiderg.jpg

dmcj.jpg

Last edited:
yeah I was really leaning towards a 660ti or 670 to replace my 6870xf setup to cut back on heat but this deal makes me want to get a 7950 because I know I'll get c3 and bi

everytime i wanna try the green team again, cash-wise it just doesn't make sense lol :\

yeah I was really leaning towards a 660ti or 670 to replace my 6870xf setup to cut back on heat but this deal makes me want to get a 7950 because I know I'll get c3 and bi

everytime i wanna try the green team again, cash-wise it just doesn't make sense lol :\

Even without the games the HD7950 is a better card than either the 660ti or the 670.

yeah i know, i just havent had an nvidia card in my own desktop since the 8800gt

Even without the games the HD7950 is a better card than either the 660ti or the 670.
the 670 is faster than the 7950. out the box even the stock 660ti is nearly even with the stock 7950 at 1080.

hopefully Nvidia will come up with something similar to this bundle or they deserve to lose sale to AMD.

AMD's developer relations have really improved, these bundles are great.

6 different games for a dual gpu setup is a really sweet!

the 670 is faster than the 7950. out the box even the stock 660ti is nearly even with the stock 7950 at 1080.

hopefully Nvidia will come up with something similar to this bundle or they deserve to lose sale to AMD.

Was true at one time and may still to a point, but AMD has really stepped up their game in the driver department so to speak shrinking that gap. Besides, I know very few people that buy 7950s to run stock settings :)

Was true at one time and may still to a point, but AMD has really stepped up their game in the driver department so to speak shrinking that gap. Besides, I know very few people that buy 7950s to run stock settings :)
yes I was taking newer drivers into account. the 7950 is clearly now a better overall card than the 660ti if overclocking. but overall the 670 still matches the 7950 at 1080 if both are oced though. the 670 needs an official price reduction and game bundle though.

I just got a 7950 with the Never Settle Bundle, now what reason can I give the wife to get another card .....

This going to make me buy a new card pretty soon.

I would think that HD78xx pricing (especially for the 2 GB versions) would do that - it's basically now a high-end GPU with midrange power draw (unless you have an unusual cooler) at midrange pricing. (Most are under $200USD.)

Because I usually buy at MicroCenter (local, local, local - and I pay cash), I'm looking at either the Diamond "System Builder" HD7850 2 GB or this recent open-box MSI HD7850 TwinFrozr II (only @ Fairfax, VA) - http://microcenter.com/product/3877...rozr_2048MB_GDDR5_PCIe_30_x16_Video_Card?ob=1

Would an Intel Q6600 bottleneck either card?

Short answer, yes. But only on more intensive games.

I have a CPU/motherboard upgrade ALSO in the works - however, I am trying to decide in which order to do the upgrade - CPU/motherboard first, or GPU first. (I'm upgrading from a Q6600/G41 to i5-3570K/Z77 CPU/motherboard tag-team, and from 4 GB DDR2 to 8 GB [initially] DDR3.)

I have a CPU/motherboard upgrade ALSO in the works - however, I am trying to decide in which order to do the upgrade - CPU/motherboard first, or GPU first. (I'm upgrading from a Q6600/G41 to i5-3570K/Z77 CPU/motherboard tag-team, and from 4 GB DDR2 to 8 GB [initially] DDR3.)

Well Intel is releasing new stepping this year and next gen processors next year.

So I would either wait or try to find a nice cheap deal on a cpu/mobo combo.

Well Intel is releasing new stepping this year and next gen processors next year.

So I would either wait or try to find a nice cheap deal on a cpu/mobo combo.

Haswell is overkill; heck, even Ivy Bridge is near-overkill. My upgrade drivers are RAM capacity and virtualization - not gaming so much.

Haswell is overkill; heck, even Ivy Bridge is near-overkill. My upgrade drivers are RAM capacity and virtualization - not gaming so much.
Haswell is most certainly not overkill for those trying to get the most out of high end gpu setup. it is supposedly not going to be much of an improvement over Ivy which cant even let those with 120hz screen run at 120fps. there are some games that even cant stay above 60 fps with the cpus with have now so even Haswell will not be overkill for those.

Haswell is most certainly not overkill for those trying to get the most out of high end gpu setup. it is supposedly not going to be much of an improvement over Ivy which cant even let those with 120hz screen run at 120fps. there are some games that even cant stay above 60 fps with the cpus with have now so even Haswell will not be overkill for those.

I don't have a 120 Hz FP display - my H233H.bmid dates back to 2009 - right at the beginning of the Great Price Drop. I'm looking at the HD7850 in 2 GB trim because the power draw - and the price - are barely above those of the HD7770 - which it replaced on my Build Checklist - other than Crysis 2/3 (and MAYBE SimCity 2013), I play few games that take any real advantage of 1 GB of GDDR5, let alone double that. Staying about 60 fps is plenty, if I can do so with most of the game-engine features tuned to best effect. With the HD7850, I should be able to play at either 1680x1050 or 1920x1080 in pretty much any game - as long as I'm not CPU-bottlenecked.

the first thing that popped in my head is.... time to get a tahiti LE 78xx series card....

So just to be clear, these games still result in you being completely screwed for 60%+ the value of the card if the card has a hardware failure and you need to return it but you've already opened the games?

It's just hard for me not to see these as more of a liability than anything else.

So just to be clear, these games still result in you being completely screwed for 60%+ the value of the card if the card has a hardware failure and you need to return it but you've already opened the games?

It's just hard for me not to see these as more of a liability than anything else.

Somewhat true, also for rebates where you cut out UPCs. It does make it harder to return the card, and in instances where you could get your money back you would only be offered a replacement, but that's why you shop at great places with excellent customer service like newegg.com.

You don't need to return the games if you do an RMA

So tell us, if we cared to look would we find you posting the same thing about Nvidia and their bundles? I'll give you 2/10 for creativity trying to spin this in a negative way.

So tell us, if we cared to look would we find you posting the same thing about Nvidia and their bundles? I'll give you 2/10 for creativity trying to spin this in a negative way.

Well said..some people will never see anything positive.
Any electronic item can fail, just because it has a free gift attached to it does not somehow make the card immune to failure. You could still RMA it, if it failed even if you were to have used the game coupons.

If you decide to return the card for refund, won't you get hit with full price on all the games included?

If you decide to return the card for refund, won't you get hit with full price on all the games included?

he said hardware failure which is a RMA. No games need to be returned.

But if you just straight up return the card than yes you will need to return the game.

Or you can just not claim the game codes until you are satisfied that the card you got is working properly. You have until the end of 2013 to claim the game codes.

So you want them to let people scam the retailers by buying the card, getting the games, returning the card and keeping the games?

Or you can just not claim the game codes until you are satisfied that the card you got is working properly. You have until the end of 2013 to claim the game codes.

So you want them to let people scam the retailers by buying the card, getting the games, returning the card and keeping the games?

I think he is asking about the refund automatically being reduced by default just because a game was included.

I think he is asking about the refund automatically being reduced by default just because a game was included.

if you don't use the game coupons and return them the retailer should give a full refund. you can even confirm with the retailer before placing the order that if you return with all gifts and accessories unused that you would get full refund.

Or you can just not claim the game codes until you are satisfied that the card you got is working properly

correct. thats basic common sense. anybody who does not do that has only himself or herself to blame.

anyone got their game codes yet?

Do you have to wait for Crysis 3 and Bioshock Inf release date to use them?

I just took advantage of this deal and purchased an ASUS HD7950-DC2-3GD5-V2 Radeon HD 7950 3GB at NewEgg.

I am upgrading from an ASUS EAH5850 Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 and only game on one monitor at 1920x1080.

Not that it matters much, but NewEgg values the Crysis3 and Bioshock Infinite Bundle at $169.99. Odd math for 2 games that retail for 59.99 each. The way I see the puchase is I'm saving $120 (for 2 games I will play) off of the $330 retail price. A $210 7950 is a fargin steal.

I got both of those games as well, and I doubt they will send the keys until a few days before release or the day of.

You usually have to register at a website with the serial number of the card and get the steam/origin/uplay codes once the game is released.

That way they can tracked if the serial for the card has been used.

I redeemed my code and got this in an email:

BioShock Infinite - Steam Download

We will be sending you a download code for BioShock Infinite as soon as the code is available. You will receive a follow up email that contains a game key that will grant you access to this amazing PC game.

BioShock Infinite release date is on or before March 26, 2013*
(actual release date will vary by country)

Crysis 3 - EA Origin download

We will be sending you a download code for Crysis 3 as soon as the code is available. You will receive a follow up email that contains a game key that will grant you access to this amazing PC game.

Crysis 3 release date is on or before February 19, 2013*
(actual release date will vary by country)

Back