AMD Needs Your Help - Requesting Feedback for Catalyst Driver

Warsam71

AMD Community Manager
Hello everyone,

Our Catalyst Driver Team needs your help

As we continue to improve our Catalyst Driver software suite, we kindly ask you to help us by submitting any issues or bugs you have experienced with our latest drivers by using the form below.

We value your feedback, and similar to last year when you helped us with the launch of Catalyst Omega, we intend to use the information you provide us to make our Drivers better.

Note that this form, which closes on September 12, is different from the standard Issue Reporting Form we regularly use; therefore, please use this form even if you’re already provided your feedback in the last few months.

Please click here to access the form.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance!

To me that's more like game error/bug reporting form than driver feedback form. There are few features/improvements that I'd really like to see but that form isn't really suitable.

To me that's more like game error/bug reporting form than driver feedback form. There are few features/improvements that I'd really like to see but that form isn't really suitable.

The dropdown has an "Other" selection. You can suggest whatever you want.

Or just post it in this thread ;) I'm sure that Warsam does not mind reading constructive feedback on new features....

I just shared for the nth time my biggest pet peeve with Catalyst Control Center, the fact that you grey out this option when you feel a display's native optimum resolution, without giving two shits if your guess of the display over or under scanning is right:

http://es.tinypic.com/r/2pp0b6f/8

It must have taken more time for you guys to turn that off in case of the resolution being optimum than just letting it stay on no matter what, so it baffles my mind that you did that... and now i have to constantly check from driver to driver if my optimum resolution is actually useable, or if i will see the image "zoomed in" = lossing all the info of the borders of the screen (similarly on the drivers that do work for me since you still have that option greyed out, other peeps experience black borders all around the image).

Using an HDTV with either HDMI or DVI TO HDMI results in the same issue, which honestly, is as stupid an issue as i can think of since greying that option out ensures that a portion of your user base is permanently screwed all the time.

editting to add what happens since the driver assumes:
http://es.tinypic.com/r/o6wgnc/8

Last edited:
For the love of god figure out a way for DX11 to use your ACEs to improve performance. DX 12 is cool and all but DX 11 is still a thing...

I'm having problems with GPU scaling with the Win 10 15.7.1 driver. The monitor won't change from the desktop res when playing a game in lower resolution, really annoying with a CRT monitor. You have been notified

I'm having problems with GPU scaling with the Win 10 15.7.1 driver. The monitor won't change from the desktop res when playing a game in lower resolution, really annoying with a CRT monitor. You have been notified

I found a temporary workaround for this on my CRT. Try unplugging the monitor cable and plugging it back in. This should work until the next time you reboot.

I'm stuck on 14.12 because the 15.7.1 hdmi driver no longer allows me to carry audio to my TV via the "stereo mix trick".

AMD should really started posting links for individual drivers instead of forcing a package etc.

Basically, share a link to the 14.12 hdmi audio driver and I'll be happy.

Please make the Linux drivers work. I'd like to move off Windows onto Linux without taking a huge performance hit.

290x Xfire owner.

Is there a way to force games to use custom LUTs and ICC profiles through drivers? This would solve a lot of problems for many people who care about picture quality.

I have this exact same issue. Unsure if its drivers or Windows 10, but its annoying. I have a 4k Monitor but need to play some games in 1080p and this is when I am affected.

Going to report this on the form, but not sure if it is actually a driver issue or if it is a bug in the game.

In Thief, if I enable Mantle and Mantle Crossfire, it works fine if Overdrive is disabled or if I am not running MSI Afterburner.

Note: This is not an overclocking problem as I can leave all the settings at default.

However, if I enable Overdrive or have MSI Afterburner running, the game with either outright crash or when I exit it will give a display driver has recovered error.

This is with Windows 10 and the 15.7.1 driver as well as with the newer one that ASUS has put up for the R9 Nano.

I do not know if it happens with older drivers.

Edit: This specific problem is fixed in the 15.8 beta drivers.

Last edited:
I also have something I'd like to report here, since it isn't a bug.

Can you add an option to not behave as if a monitor has been disconnected just because it has been turned off? What happens now is that if I press the power button on one of my two monitors, Windows thinks it has gone, so it moves everything over to the second monitor.

This might sound like a trivial issue, but it is very frustrating, and Googling for the issue will turn up a large number of people affected who have gone to such extremes as writing software to reposition windows every time this happens, or even physically altering HDMI cables.

Only HDMI and DisplayPort monitors are affected.

I'm not sure if the best place to fix this is the OS or the drivers, but I'm sure it could be fixed by AMD, while Microsoft have no interest (nor does anyone else, since this appears to be the default behaviour in all modern OSes).

I'd like an Elite Dangerous xfire profile. The game is very popular and has been out for almost a year.

An updated one for Planetside 2 would be great too. As I understand, the profile that is in use right now doesn't work right due to it being built for the beta and the game has evolved since then. Talk to the PS2 devs if you want to see endless xfire bug reports. I'm sure they have them.

Can we also get a way to set the frame limiter on a per-game basis?

Other than that, just moved to a dual 290x setup and it's been great.

along the lines of post 14, a checkbox to disable hotplug detect for hdmi.
the htpc is connected to a receiver. the pc stays on all the time, but receiver inputs may change. when switching back to htpc after watching tv, i lose 5.1 and sometimes resolution.
my work around is to tape pin 19 on the hdmi cable, effectively disabling hot plug detect. it should work for post 14 as well.

only time it should detect if this checkbox is checked to disable, is on boot up.

Back